Charity registered in Scotland SC019276
Forth Environment Link (FEL) is a Scottish environmental charity leading the way on connecting people and place. FEL supports more day to day journeys on foot or by bike; encourages more local food to be grown and eaten in our communities; and helps increase the lifespan of our everyday items. The following values underpin our activity as an organisation:
· People first - Investing in our team to ensure we can provide tailored support where it is needed most.
· Enabling – Delivering activity in a way that is practical, easy to understand and accessible to everyone.
· Collaborative - Ensuring we work in partnership to add value where we can.
· Innovative - Testing and developing new ideas and being a catalyst for change.
· Passionate – In everything we do, we demonstrate a love for the environment and our place within it.
· Fair – Working in a way that is inclusive and reflects the needs of the people and communities we work with.
Our strategic approach reflects our ambition as an organisation and recognises the role third sector will perform in delivering national outcomes at a local and regional level.
Forth Environment Link are recruiting new Trustees to join the organisation and help shape our future direction as we emerge from the last 12 months of working within a global pandemic.
We are looking for applicants who are passionate about the environment and climate action, possess good independent judgement, will appreciate the collective responsibilities of the Trustee Board and who think strategically. Our Trustees are appointed for a three-year term and can be re-appointed for two further terms of up to three years each.
We wish to increase the diversity, knowledge, age and experience on our Board so hope to attract applications from a wide range of talented individuals. We would particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented on our Board including people from BAME backgrounds, younger people and people who have engaged with our organisation and/or services.
Applications from people with a commitment to community climate action would be welcomed. We are keen to attract people with experience or knowledge in the following areas but these are desirable, not exclusive:
· Digital Leadership
· Training Development
· Youth Engagement
· Energy Systems
· Working with Marginalised Groups
· Diversification of income
· Health & Safety
In addition to general Trustee roles, FEL is also looking for a Treasurer to support the financial aspect of the organisation as well as to expand the current knowledge-base and diversity of the existing Board.
Some key responsibilities of the treasurer are: