Charity registered in Scotland SC016816
Thistle Foundation aims to empower individuals, families and communities to maximise their potential and achieve the best possible quality of life.
If you are passionate about helping people to achieve and maintain a great life, we would welcome your application. In return, you will have the satisfaction of working for an organisation at the cutting edge of designing individualised support arrangements that make a real difference to people's lives.
Thistle are looking for several Practitioners to join our team on initially a fixed term basis (until October 2022). These posts are available on a full time and part time basis, and are located within Midlothian GP Practices.
If you do, then we would like to hear from you!
We are looking to recruit Practitioners to work within Thistle’s Midlothian Health and Wellbeing Team. The post holders will:
We are looking for a Lead Practitioner to join our Supported Living team on a full-time permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives.
• Lead a small number of teams delivering person centred support to a wide range of people living in their own homes.
• Work alongside people we support to plan and create great support plans focused on what really matters to them.
• Support teams to think creatively about all aspects of working with the people we work alongside so they have great lives.
• Be able to provide teams with strong leadership, which motivates and delivers your passion for really high standards of support. You will be able to provide effective coaching and to give strong direction when required.
• Set up new services and support the creative use of personal budgets to support people to have great lives.
• Provide individual supervision to your staff, facilitate regular Practice Development Group meetings, and set clear objectives for all your staff.
• Have 3 years’ experience in supporting people with disabilities, working in a person centred way, facilitating groups and ideally managing teams, together with excellent organisational and IT skills.
Thistle aims to support individuals, families and communities to maximise their potential and achieve the best possible quality of life.
Leading the design and development of support for people with disabilities whose behaviour is often labelled as "difficult" or "challenging," the successful candidate will be highly skilled in designing person centred support, collaborative working across multi- disciplinary teams and leading development of excellent person centred practice across Thistle’s Supported Living teams.
The work you lead will result in people living with disabilities achieving the things that matter most to them in their lives.