West area: Oban Lorn and Isles, Mid Argyll and Kintyre 17.5 hours per week based in Lochgilphead/Oban
East area: Helensburgh & Lomond, Cowal & Bute 35 hours per week based in Helensburgh
Post holders will be required to travel efficiently and effectively to meet operational needs and will work mainly at outreach locations.
• On a rolling basis, promote volunteer adviser opportunity through publicity, talks, liaison with other organisations
• Prepare & send out application packs and co-ordinate interviews
• Work with the bureau manager to select suitable candidates, obtain references and carry out induction
• Organise the training programmes
• In co-operation with other staff, develop and ensure delivery of the bureau based training
• Provide support, assessment, guidance, monitoring and review of volunteer advisers’ progress in line with CAS requirements for the progression through the competency programme.
• Ensure that on-going training is identified and flagged to the bureau manager.
• Ensure that all volunteers receive the support and supervision required
• Supervise advice sessions rotationally, provide support to volunteer advisers in the delivery of advice work
• Ensure that research, telephone calls and correspondence relating to casework is progressed timeously
• Ensure that all advice work is recorded appropriately on the electronic case recording system
• Develop and maintain outreach working timetable across whole area including islands.
• Ensure that advisers and clients have access to video conferencing facilities, skype or interview rooms as appropriate for confidential advice sessions to take place.
• Personally deliver a minimum of 6 hours of advice sessions per week.
• Build and maintain partnership working with other agencies to enable successful establishment of pop-up/outreach advice locations.
• Assist the bureau manager with delivery of a range of promotional tools and calendar of activities delivered.
• Develop support materials to assist staff/volunteers with the use of video conferencing and skype for business delivery of advice.