Charity registered in Scotland SC006403
informing, supporting and inspiring single parent families
We aim to encourage and enable parents across Scotland to make the most of the opportunities available to them so they can flourish as happy, healthy and achieving families. One Parent Families Scotland provides help to all single parent families: mums, dads, young parents and kinship carers.
The post will assist the Digital Development Manager and the Communications Officer in developing and maintaining high quality integrated communications and building the brand and profile of the organisation.
One Parent Families Scotland (OPFS) is currently recruiting for Trustee positions to fill a variety of areas of expertise to join our skilled and experienced Board. We're looking for new trustees who want to drive change and help us shape and communicate our new strategic direction.
OPFS is the leading charity working with single parent families in Scotland. We provide expert advice, practical support and campaign with parents to make their voices heard to change the systems, policies and attitudes that disadvantage single parent families.
Our vision is of a Scotland in which single parents and their children are valued and treated equally and fairly.
Our mission is to work with and for single parent families, providing direct support services that enable them to achieve their potential and help create lasting solutions to the poverty and barriers facing many single parents and their children. We support all single parent families whether headed by mothers, fathers, young parents or kinship carers.
If you share our mission and have a drive to see positive social change for single parent families, then this is a great opportunity for you play a role in the success of an established charity with an excellent and unique model that makes a real difference.
If you have experience of any of the following, please apply.
· Legal/charity governance,
· Policy and strategy,
· Fundraising, third sector and government (local or Scottish)
Period of appointment is initially for three years, after which you will be eligible for re-election for a further period of three years.
Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly Employment. We have Investors in People status and Living Wage accreditation.
OPFS Edinburgh supports single parents with a range of issues that affect their ability to play a full part in the economic and social life of their communities. As part of that mission, the EDS Worker will provide help to single parents interested in developing the skills, confidence and information necessary to reach their goals in paid employment, education or other areas that suit their needs. The EDS worker will be able to support parents overcome the practical and personal barriers through both and the facilitation of groups and courses, as well as 1:1 outreach.
The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate records of all financial transactions in relation to payroll.
Terms & Conditions
1. Period of appointment: Permanent
2. Salary: £22,100-£27,012 per annum, pro rata
3. Hours of work: 14
4. Holidays: Annual leave entitlement is 25 days and 12 public holidays pro rata based on your contracted hours of 14 per week.
5. Pension: If eligible you will be auto-enrolled in our Pension Scheme. Your contribution will be 3% and OPFS will contribute 7%
6. Training, support and supervision: You will receive induction training and frequent support in the first three months. Thereafter you will receive monthly individual support and supervision and annual appraisals.
7. Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly Employment: OPFS aims to be an equal opportunity and family friendly employer. We have Investors in People status and Living Wage accreditation.
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the time of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties, and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.