Charity registered in Scotland SC037667
STAND International was formed in 2007 following previous joint working between two charities working within homelessness. STAND International primarily works in the former Communist countries of Eastern Europe working with local partners and organisations. We have previously worked in Romania, Latvia, Ukraine, Georgia and Belarus. STAND provides an opportunity to volunteer abroad for individuals from various disadvantaged backgrounds including homelessness, or with mental health or drug and alcohol issues.
STAND International is embarking upon a period of growth and development with a new vision for local community services linked to our Strategic Business Plan. This is your opportunity to work for an organisation that plays a significant influential role in shaping young people’s personal, social development.
The charity is recruiting a Business Development Manager to be responsible for establishing robust fundraising practices which will ensure a strategic fundraising for the future. You will lead on key aspects of fundraising, with a focus on trusts and foundations and corporate support.
You will identify, generate and grow charitable income to underpin both STAND International’s work in Scotland and several of its partner organisations by managing a portfolio of funders and prospects, creatively stewarding existing relationships and maximising opportunities for giving.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with excellent community fundraising experience, able to win and retain supporters and to hit the ground running. This role may be suitable for flexible working.
• Drive the delivery of the significant fundraising targets by securing funding from a portfolio of funders.
• Manage a pipeline of funders at different stages of the giving cycle aligned to STAND International’s projects, core activities and strategic objectives.
• Lead on researching and writing compelling and persuasive funding bids. Ensure funding bid deadlines, reporting and stewardship schedules are adhered to and that donors are thanked in a timely manner.
• Annual fundraising targets are met/exceeded
• Donors feel valued and respected
• Current projects are funded for the future
• New projects are in the pipeline for additional services and enhancements
• New donors and funders are attracted to the organisation
• Institute of Fundraising Best Practice Guidance and Regulations are maintained
• A keen interest in and understanding of STAND International’s and a passionate belief in our vision and mission.
• Member of the Institute of Fundraising.
• A current driving license valid for driving in the UK.