Charity registered in Scotland SC037833
“SAFE” (Support Advice Financial Education) An invaluable service which has now proven to be an absolute necessity within the organisation. The SAFE Team engage with all individuals who are seeking advice and information. The number of individuals coming through this service has increased dramatically and a number of people have commented that “they find it much less daunting coming here to get benefit advice”.
Responsibilities will include -
• To carry out financial and benefit health checks with beneficiaries on request or when referred by participating organisations.
• To provide budgeting advice to beneficiaries referred to the project, looking at income and expenditure in detail and supporting them to take control of managing their money and where appropriate to suggest where income could be maximised and outgoings reduced.
• To provide training sessions to staff and volunteers from partner organisations to raise awareness of money management issues and to arrange community-based sessions for beneficiaries where there is a recognised need. In addition to up-skill staff and volunteers so that both CFINE and partners have the capacity to help clients with these issues.
• To assist beneficiaries in form completion and monitor progress of claims.
• To keep up-to-date with new and changing legislation in the field of welfare benefits.
• To keep statistics and other records and prepare reports to funders
Responsible to: SAFE Team Supervisor
Improving Health and Well-Being: Business for Community Benefit
Do you want to make a difference? Be part of a successful, innovative voluntary organisation? Involved in shaping and guiding CFINE to achieving increased impact in tackling poverty and organisational growth and sustainability? Then this job could be for you!
You would be a member of CFINE’s management and leadership team, occupying a second tier position and be able to bring your experience and abilities to put your own stamp in the role. You would have the opportunity for growth, development and progression within the organisation.
Responsible to: Chief Executive.
Responsible for: along with the Depute CEO (Operations) and the CEO, this post has a responsibility for all staff (presently numbering 36, c28 FTE) and volunteers (over a year, >300 recruited, trained and supported)
Overall Responsibility: contributing to the strategic oversight and development of CFINE’s support and services and to the effective operation and sustainability of the organisation. Amongst this range of responsibilities around finance, HR, building partnerships and networks, promoting and increasing the profile of CFINE and so forth, the DCE (Strategy) will have the management and strategic oversight of 2 key developments within CFINE: the presently being established Financial Inclusion Hub; and the Sustainable Food City Partnership Aberdeen.