Charity registered in Scotland SC030233
Includem is a specialist charity supporting young people and their families across Scotland. We have ambitious plans to grow over the next few years so we can reach more young people who are in need of our support.
We’re looking for someone to join our Development Team to support this growth strategy. You will work as part of a small team to support:
• Influencing work with key policy makers including drafting reports and responding to consultations
• Participation of young people in decision making and to make sure their voice is heard in communications and influencing work
• Raising Includem’s profile through delivery of our communications strategy, developing our marketing materials and expanding our social media presence
• Growing Includem’s income base by helping draft funding applications and preparing evidence and impact reports for existing funders
This is an exciting and varied role which will give you opportunity to get involved in a range of different activities across the organisation.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a good understanding of the policy landscape in Scotland and be interested in improving legislation for young people
• Be able to work as part of a small team and at times independently, often to tight deadlines
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships with co-workers and external stakeholders
Working hours are normally Monday to Friday, based in our head office in Glasgow but there may be a requirement to work evenings and weekends and from our other offices across Scotland.
Includem have an excellent reputation in the sector and strive to be an employer of choice offering employee benefits including:
• A full and robust training and induction programme.
• Pension benefits which exceed the required employer levels
• Holiday entitlement of 28 Days and 9 Public Holidays, rising to 31 with length of service.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Childcare Vouchers
• Credit Union
• Agile and Flexible working
And many more………….
There for young people, 24/7:
A strategically important executive role in a third sector organisation Charity based in Glasgow. With a national remit, the charity’s purpose is to provide intense, high level support to young people in difficult circumstances, as well as their families.
Currently going through a transformation programme designed to position it successfully into the future during a changing business environment, this role requires an individual with a clear strategic focus who can work collaboratively with the Board and other Executive team members, and has a passion for working with young people.
The successful individual will likely have a background either in Finance or HR with a clear understanding of how technology can work in supporting the business growth. They will lead and develop a high quality integrated corporate support of central services (HR, Finance and Support functions), developing a comprehensive framework which ensures that the organisation meets their legal and contractual people obligations whilst building workforce capacity and capability to meet the demands of the transformation programme.
The post holder will represent Includem both internally and externally and will be expected to take a leading role in forums and events as required. As such, they should be skilled in public speaking and demonstrate a knowledge of or an affinity with young people and the challenging situations they can face.
This role will require travel throughout Scotland.
Includem has recently developed a service, specifically supporting young people and families in Aberdeen City. Includem already deliver services in other areas across Scotland and are delighted to now be working in partnership with Aberdeen City Council to help create better life chances and options to remain in their own communities and ensure they maximise their educational attainment.
Includem is a forward thinking organisation with an excellent reputation in providing intensive, community based support for some of Scotland’s most vulnerable and challenging young people. We believe that no young person is ever beyond help and through a 24/7 service which is responsive to their needs, we work to try and change their behaviour and relationships so they can move towards living fulfilling lives. If you are a passionate, committed and professional individual and wish to work to support the next generation to achieve better life chances then read on………….
A role which requires strong leadership to maximise service delivery resources efficiently and effectively to meet the needs of young people and their families. This role will require you to line manage and develop a group of professional workers to deliver one to one focused support to achieve positive outcomes in line with National Practice Model and Organisational Standards to deliver high quality services. It is essential that the Team Manager has oversight of service delivery for all the young people currently supported by the team in order to support effective case progression. There is a need to either have or be willing to work towards qualifications to meet registration requirements.
It is essential that you have relevant experience in youth/criminal justice
Individuals are required to:
· Work flexibly to meet the demands of the service, involving regular weekend and evening work;
· Develop safe, professional and committed relationships with young people and families
· Use their communication skills effectively to influence positive change and provide personalised, risk enabled, professional support.
It is essential that you can drive, have access to your own vehicle for work purposes and are covered for business insurance purposes.
Includem have an excellent reputation in the sector and strive to be an employer of choice offering employee benefits including:-
· A full and robust training and induction programme.
· Pension benefits which exceed the required employer levels
· Holiday entitlement of 28 Days and 9 Public Holidays, rising to 31 with length of service.
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Childcare Vouchers
· Credit Union
· Agile and Flexible working
· And many more………….