Charity registered in Scotland SC026570
We’re currently looking for a Ceremonies Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of our ceremonies team. We have a network of around 150 celebrants across Scotland who conduct over 7000 naming, marriage and funeral ceremonies each year, and we require an enthusiastic manager to support our ongoing growth and development.
The role requires excellent communication skills, confident use of IT, and entails working widely with our Celebrants, stakeholders and members of the public.
- Day to day management of our ceremonies function
- Communicate key information to Celebrants and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate processes and policies are in place
- Ensure online content re Humanist Society Scotland ceremonies is up to date and accessible
- Oversee promotion of Humanist Society Scotland ceremonies through a range of activities such as social media, wedding exhibitions, promotional packages
- Managing relationships with external stakeholders such as funeral directors, wedding suppliers etc and being a champion for Humanist Society Scotland ceremonies
- Support the professional development of Humanist Society Scotland Celebrants
- Manage delegated ceremonies budget
- Line management responsibility for support staff
- Work as part of the Humanist Society Scotland team
This is not an exhaustive list of activities
A copy of our strategic plan and most recent annual report is included below for information.