This is a very promising time to be part of a team working to end homelessness in Scotland. The issue is high on the agenda with a joint Scottish Government and COSLA action plan and 32 local plans. And a national collective of third and academic sector organisations providing an active infrastructure of key services and key knowledge.
Homeless Network Scotland is a small organisation making a big impact. We are a membership organisation that helps drive the policy and system changes needed to resolve homelessness in Scotland. We do this through our links to a wider network of sectors and services and our connections with people with first-hand experience of homelessness.
Overall Purpose of the Post
You will bring a strong focus and ability to influence and instigate the policy and system changes needed to achieve that goal and especially in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion.
You will also provide strategic leadership and collaboration, across the organisation and alongside our wider network, to ensure that our work is:
· evidence led: using the best knowledge available.
· focused on impact: making a measurable difference.
· contextualised: sensitive to current environment we operate in.
· equalities competent: recognising that risk and impact of homelessness is different.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Draw on your knowledge, skills and experience to:
1. Work with the Chief Executive and leadership team to strengthen our ability to access key relationships and to inform and influence decision-makers to meet our strategic objectives.
2. Advise on and improve how the organisation and wider network combats discrimination and is sensitive to inequality, including the characteristics protected in equality legislation.
3. Lead collaborative work to develop specialist pathways for specific equality groups based on analysis of equality data and build expertise in this area.
4. Support pivotal multi-agency programmes to end homelessness and destitution, with a strong focus on supporting equality, impact and improvement.
And as part of the Leadership Team, you will also:
5. Contribute to the strategic development and direction of Homeless Network Scotland and support the organisation's approach to risk and issues management.
6. Set the pace and model an approach to our work that helps an expert and dedicated team to achieve their potential.
7. Monitor, review and continuously improve the satisfaction of Homeless Network Scotland members and the wider network.