Charity registered in Scotland SC015513
Fair Deal is a voluntary organisation operating across the South of Glasgow. We are committed to improving opportunities and quality of life for people with learning disabilities using an inclusive person centred approach.
Fair Deal is a social care organisation based in Glasgow who is recruiting a Team Leader to work in the Glasgow area. We are passionate about providing the people we support with the opportunity to live as independently as possible with greater choice and control.
The Team Leader role will manage and develop highly individualised support services, providing positive leadership and line management to ensure the delivery of high quality support by staff in line with individual needs, agreed outcomes, aspirations and individual budgets. The role will maintain direct contact and involvement with the people we support and will involve the management of staff resources and budgets:
You will require the following Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• SVQ Level 3 Social Services or equivalent qualification e.g. RMH/RNMH, Dip SW, CSS
• SSSC registration
• Two Years previous experience in a social care services setting with line management experience desirable
• Driving License and car owner for business purposes preferred
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Ability to plan and prioritise workload and motivate staff
• Ability to write support plans, create staff rotas and manage budgets
• Good communication skills – both written and verbal
• Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel
• Ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders and promote Fair Deal in a positive manner
• To oversee the day to day running of the designated services
• To manage, supervise and support onsite staff
• To lead on service provision and service development
• To manage learning and development of staff
• To maintain effective communication within the team and with all relevant stakeholders
You will be required to provide on call cover at evenings and weekends.
In addition to a rewarding career, with competitive rates of pay and ongoing training, Fair Deal can offer a wide range of staff benefits including, competitive holiday entitlement, company sick pay scheme, workplace pension scheme, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits and flexible working.
Fair Deal is a social enterprise company providing assistance and support for people with learning disabilities, older people and young people.
Based in Glasgow, we work alongside people who use our support, to help them have the kind of life they want. We offer a range of activities and support options for people who may wish to use their individual budget to buy what they need from Fair Deal.
The Board of Directors for Fair Deal is made up of ordinary people interested in our work. They are voted on to the Board by the members at the Annual General Meeting normally held in September each year
The Board are responsible for:
The Board operates within a governance framework to ensure the highest standards are adhered to at all times.
We are currently looking to recruit 2 new board members. We would particularly welcome applications from individuals with a background in HR, advocacy or in the third sector.
We are seeking someone who can:
Board meetings are held quarterly normally on Tuesday afternoons. This is a volunteer role, and a full induction will be given to successful applicants.