Charity registered in Scotland SC003706
Space are seeking to recruit 2 suitably experienced and skilled Project Workers to join our Young Carers service in South West Edinburgh.
We are recruiting for 2 full time post holders:
1. Working with Young Carers aged 5-11 years
2. Working with Young Carers aged 12-16 years
The post-holders will work alongside colleagues in our Young Carers team to raise awareness of young carers and their support needs, identify hidden young carers, and deliver Young Carer Statements to ensure that personal outcomes and support needs are being met, in accordance with the Carers (Scotland) Act 2016.
The candidates will need to have suitable qualifications and experienced of working with children and young people, with at least three years proven experience in a role including individual and group work.
This post requires membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme
A full Job Description and Person Specification is available for download below.
Space, alongside Edinburgh Young Carers and Capital Carers (formerly North West Carers) form the ‘Edinburgh Young Carer Partnership’. The partnership has been funded by the City of Edinburgh Council to provide specialist support to young carers and young adult carers across Edinburgh.
The three partner organisations believe that working together as the Edinburgh Young Carer Partnership will provide a more comprehensive and holistic package of support, that works across the 4 city localities and will be a more cost-effective way of funding the specialist services necessary to support these young people who are young carers.
We are recruiting for an experienced and enthusiastic project worker to join our Youth Team at Space & Broomhouse Hub as part of our Youth Befriending service.
Summary of Post
· Be part of a team who coordinate a volunteer befriending service, supporting children and young people, aged 5-16 years, in South West Edinburgh, who are affected by parental drug or alcohol use
· Work with the Service Manager and the youth befriending team to recruit, train and support volunteer befrienders
· Manage referrals and undertake assessments in partnership with children and young people, families, referrers and other relevant individuals
· Develop and organise group activities programme in partnership
· Work as part of the wider team to ensure services are delivered effectively; and to work in partnership with children and families, relevant professionals and other stakeholders to ensure the service remit is carried out with regard to statutory commitments and best practice
PVG: This post requires membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme