Charity registered in Scotland SC018398
Can you help an independent mental health charity change the landscape of mental health support?
Three Sixty are a successful independent mental health charity established in 1987 to support people affected by mental illness, including their families, within their community.
Based in Ayr, we are an innovative and expanding mental health and mental well-being charity, transforming lives across South Ayrshire working with people aged 16 and above.
We have a vision for a society where people are resilient, empowered, and autonomous. Where people have hope, choice, and aspirations. Where mental illness is not a barrier to a fulfilling and active life and mental well-being is at the core of building a solid foundation.
We are actively working towards our vision through the provision of a range of services that are strengths based and person centred. Encouraging individuals to access a range of supports to establish what they feel works for them in promoting their mental well-being.
We work with people in the community and from our base at Strathyre House in Ayr. Some of our support includes ecotherapy in our extensive garden, Chatterbox social group, relaxation and mindfulness sessions alongside practical life skills support, home support and befriending.
Conversation is at the core of our support, building connection and positive relationships which we focus on in all support including our more specific 1:1 support.
We work in partnership with a range of organisations to include South Ayrshire Council, Ayrshire College, Barnardos and Aberlour offering bespoke courses and access to our garden for the Men’s Shed.
Who are we looking for?
Voluntary Directors are required to help us steer the charity through an exciting time of change and development as well as help oversee the strategy, direction and aims of the organisation on behalf of its members.
We are seeking people who are passionate about our cause, who believe in mental health recovery and who want to use their skills and experience to help us make a difference to people’s lives. Whilst we are recruiting across our Board we have specific vacancies for the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer.
We are particularly interested in individuals with the following skills and/or experience:
• Marketing, digital and social media experience to help develop and steer our marketing strategy to build our audience, increase our reach and communicate our work effectively. Additionally, to help us to refine how we market and offer our services and programmes.
• A fundraiser with experience of income generation amongst corporates, trusts, foundations, high-net-worth individuals and events. Someone that can help develop a fundraising strategy and advise key staff on developing effective approaches to successful bid submissions.
• Diversity & Inclusion experience and knowledge to support the development of diversity and inclusion across the organisation.
• Accountancy & finance experience.
• Contracts and tendering experience.
• Those familiar with the changing landscape in health and social care with education, health and social work experience within a local authority.
• Personal experience of mental ill health and recovery.
Previous Board experience is desirable but not essential. Of key importance is a passion for our work and a desire to make a positive contribution leading to positive change.
What we need from you.
Directors are required to meet monthly on the first Tuesday of each month usually between 5pm to 6.30pm. Currently these are being held via Zoom due to COVID restrictions. There may be additional meetings and/or events from time to time during the year, including our AGM.
New Directors will receive a welcome pack and the opportunity to meet the current Board and Service Manager for an informal discussion about the organisation and their role. Training will be provided to cover governance, role and responsibilities. Informal support is available on an ongoing and as required basis. Reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
How to find out more information
If you would like to have an informal conversation about joining us, please contact our service manager Tracy Gilmour at email@example.com
You can find out more about Three Sixty at thethreesixty.org.uk