Charity registered in Scotland SC001351
Reporting to the Management Accountant the Finance Assistant is a key member of Wasps finance team. The primary purpose of the role is the provision of finance support for Wasps’ three group companies (Wasps Trust, Wasps Ltd and Wasps Creative Industries CIC). Wasps operates 19 buildings with artist studios and office space rented to around 900 tenants across Scotland. Wasps Group has an annual turnover of approx. 2m and around 30,000 SAGE transactions per year.
The duties of the post will include:Financial Reporting; Management Accounting; Nominal Ledger; Cash Management and other general financial duties.
For a full job description, please visit:https://www.waspsstudios.org.uk/latest/opportunities/job-opportunity-finance-assistant/
1. HND in accountancy/finance or equivalent relevant experience.
2. Previous Finance Assistant experience in a similar role.
3. Ability to efficiently manage your workload and prioritise as appropriate to meet targets and deadlines.
4. Ability to work under own initiative.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. IT Skills – Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word.
7. Excellent knowledge of SAGE accounting software.
8. Excellent problem solving skills.
9. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate complex information with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders in a format appropriate to each.
10. Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
11. Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders, collaboratively and in a team-oriented way.
1. Experience of dealing with multiple geographical sites.
2. Experience of dealing with multiple utility companies.
3. Experience of dealing with collection of debtors via Direct Debit.
4. Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
5. Experience of working within a charity or Social Enterprise.