Charity registered in Scotland SC010767
A fully independent charity, registered in Scotland, a founding member of the United Bible Societies - a collection of Bible Societies operating in over 200 countries and territories.
Bible Advocacy is an emerging field that aims, through modern media, the arts, politics and education, to reconnect people with the Bible.
We are seeking a creative visionary who is passionate about the Bible and culture. You will have an awareness of current influences in contemporary society and a desire to connect the world to the Bible through the Christian faith. Proven communication skills are a key part of this role along with experience in project management or similar leadership skills. Applicants may come from a variety of professions, or already be employed in a Christian charity role.
This is a full-time position based at our head office in Edinburgh; some travel may be required across Scotland. It will involve working closely in a team environment and forming partnerships with key stakeholders, churches and likeminded organisations.
Although this position is Scottish focused, the Scottish Bible Society is a charity with a global reach, that helps people in over 200 countries and territories to receive Bibles in a language they understand and a format they can use.
· This role is based at Bible House, Edinburgh near Haymarket train station.
· This role requires an active Christian faith and an understanding of the different Christian communities in Scotland.
· Salary depending on experience.
· Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 22nd March 2019.
· Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 1st April 2019.