Charity registered in Scotland SC004089
The Wise Group is a social enterprise. We're a business that provides solutions to social problems. We've got a commercial focus but we re-invest any profits for the benefit of the people and communities we work with.
We’re looking for an insightful, entrepreneurial, and values driven Strategic Development Lead to expand the scale and impact of one of Scotland’s largest social enterprises.
If you’re looking for a fresh challenge in an ambitious third sector organisation that’s disrupting the status quo, then read on.
The Wise Group is one of the UK’s most innovative and impactful social enterprises. Based in Glasgow but working across Scotland and the north east of England, we build bridges to opportunity to help people out of poverty. We’ve worked for over 30 years supporting people to improve their lives and making a tangible difference to the people and the communities in which we work. We focus on:
We’re 6 months into our 5 year strategy and we need another pair of hands to achieve our ambitious growth – supporting more people out of poverty. We’re growing our Strategic Development team and we are looking for an adaptable, focused and dedicated person to come and join us.
About the role
You’ll lead the delivery of strategic development activity in our Energy Advice and Advocacy business unit – having accountability for realising growth aspirations.
You’ll facilitate all aspects of the development of new business, projects, tenders, funding applications and innovation in line with the organisation’s strategic priorities. As part of a matrix structure, you will support the Head of Operations to enable continuous improvement and growth by providing insight and intelligence to inform future strategy.
We’re a dynamic, fast-paced team. So you’ll need to be on your A-game to fit in.
Here are some of the skills, experience and qualities we’ll expect from you:
– Experience of the key areas of work which we deliver
– A good grounding in the policy context
– Significant experience of successful fundraising through the development and writing of complex tenders and proposals to secure income
– Ability to develop pilot projects and see them through to commercialisation / launch
– Outstanding stakeholder engagement
– Experience of financial planning and modelling
– The drive and passion to excel in this role and to be part of a great team that is focused on breaking down barriers and supporting people towards positive destinations
– Positivity, and a hard-working, can-do attitude
– A leader, who will create a high-performing culture and bring colleagues together to achieve success as a team
Get up to speed quickly. You’ll be expanding our successful work reducing fuel poverty and, while you don’t need existing knowledge of this area, we expect you to learn it quickly
Please see the Role Profile for full details of the qualifications and experience required for this role.
WORKING WITH THE WISE GROUP
We believe that to achieve our vision, all Wise Group colleagues must demonstrate on a daily basis, the behaviours which underpin our core values. We therefore invest and take time to recruit the right colleagues, knowing that this impacts on our culture which in turn delivers excellent results and outcomes for our valued customers.
The Wise Group provides an inclusive and supportive working environment and an excellent benefits package, which includes the following: