Charity registered in Scotland SC027454
Linstone Housing is seeking a highly skilled, enthusiastic and dynamic finance professional who will lead our Finance Department. The role of the Finance Manager is integral to ensuring that our finance service is well managed and meets statutory requirements.
The ability to work accurately, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines is essential along with excellent computer skills and a flexible attitude.
Based in Linwood Renfrewshire, Linstone is a registered social landlord and a charity with a turnover in excess of £7m that owns and manages approximately 1600 properties, providing affordable rented and supported housing, as well as providing factoring services to a further 2000 owner occupiers.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services the duties will include preparing and producing quarterly management accounts and annual budget, supervising our finance team, carrying out a range of day to day finance tasks and other related duties.
EVH Conditions of Service, flexible working hours and generous holiday entitlement are offered.
Linstone is a registered social landlord based in Linwood, Renfrewshire. We are a charity that owns and manages approximately 1,600 properties, providing affordable rented and supported housing as well as providing factoring services to a further 2,000 owner occupiers.
We have a vacancy for a Community Engagement Officer following on from very successful funded Community Engagement projects. Linstone have developed this role to continue to grow the Community Engagement and to work collaboratively with the wider staff team to add value to our engagement with tenants, communities and partner organisations to develop our strategic objectives.
Main duties will include:
• To assist in the delivery of Linstone’s Community Engagement Strategy, prioritising activities that support customers and local communities, particularly the more marginalised or disadvantaged
• Work collaboratively with colleagues, developing creative ways to encourage positive engagement with people
• Develop and nurture relationships with customer and community partners and other partner organisations
• Be a positive ambassador for Linstone Housing Association at various local forums, proactively networking to influence opportunities for joint partnership projects
• To provide a wider community insight that contributes to our future Business Plans
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Clear thinker and effective decision maker
• Experience of line management or staff supervision
• Excellent project management skills and the ability to deliver successful projects
• Proven ability to develop, monitor, review and implement policies and procedures
• Ability to develop and sustain good working relationships with external agencies and partners at appropriate external meetings including evening meetings
• Experience of setting up management information and reporting systems
• Proven ability to plan and manage a varied and challenging workload with minimal supervision
• Numerate, IT and social media literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (for example, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel)
• Commitment to providing a high quality customer centred service
• Proven track record of achieving individual objectives and contributing to overall team performance
• Effective problem solving and decision making skills
• Experience of providing advice, training and support to other members of staff
• Demonstrate an ability to assimilate, collate and analyse information quickly with attention to detail