Do you want to join the best children's charity in West Lothian (in our opinion)?
Do you want to be a valued member of a great team?
Do you want to give something back to your local community?
Yes...Yes....Yes...then please read on……
Who we are:
Founded in 2005, River Kids are a charity who help disadvantaged local children and their respective families in the
West Lothian region and the wider community. Below are the main services we provide:
- Through our referral system, we supply recycled and new clothing, shoes and toys to families who are struggling
financially or through circumstance have little possessions.
- Volunteering & employment opportunities
for young adults who are experiencing barriers to employment.
- Managing the West Lothian Toy Appeal which
provides gifts on birthdays and at Christmas.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen to join the River Kids team based in Broxburn. This fast paced and varied
role will provide broad administrative, social media and event management support to the organisation.
Reporting to the Charity Manager the main responsibilities will include:
- Managing the administration of the Charity’s referral system which includes the processing and filing of
referrals and ensuring all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Charity Manager
to organise fundraising events throughout the year to increase/enhance the income of the Charity and also the
- Updating and maintaining the Charity’s social media channels with the aim of
increasing engagement with our existing supporters and raising the charity’s profile in the wider
- Supporting all aspects of the West Lothian Toy Appeal including the administration and
maintenance of all associated databases throughout the year.
- Managing all incoming emails and
correspondence within the admin mailbox
- Managing all incoming calls to the Charity through to
- Securing and managing volunteers and the organisations that provide them.
the Charity Manager with the preparation of the monthly board reports.
What we are looking for:
- Highly organised with excellent communication and people management skills.
- Strong attention to detail
and passionate about customer service.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative
and to strict deadlines.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, including a flexible approach to developing
and delivering the job.
- Experience of managing social media channels for a
- Event Management experience is desirable.
- Fully competent and comfortable
with the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Publisher).
and current driving licence.
What we offer:
- Salary – up to £18,500 (dependent on experience)
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays.
- Company pension scheme via NEST.
- Full time work - 35 hours per week