The purpose of this role will be to:
- Establishing the OTCCA as a resilient anchor organisation in the Torry community, facilitating and delivering a
variety of community activity to meet the needs of local people.
- Developing the capacity of the Board of
Trustees and the organisation in delivering a varied programme of activities as part of a Covid recovery
strategy for diversity, inclusion and wellbeing
Helping to deliver specific outcomes for the local community including:
- stimulating personal growth
- promoting community engagement and involvement
- generating new
employment and community development opportunities
- providing opportunities for personal skills
Job Purpose:To work closely with trustees and other community organisations to establish the OTCCA as an
anchor organisation within the Torry Community, as well as developing the capacity of the board and
Accountable to: Lead Trustee
Hours: 35 hours per week although this is not a 9-5pm position. The post to be worked in a flexible way, and
may include some evening/weekend work which may appeal to candidates with other commitments.
Salary:£25,000 (pro-rata) depending on skills and experience, plus Pension and Expenses
Term:12-month fixed term contract – may be extended dependent on securing future funding
Location: Torry, Aberdeen. Some travel may be required (post holder should have their own car or have access
to a car for regular use)
Employed by:The OTCCA SCIO (OTCCA)
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out a range of development and co-ordination roles as outlined
Developing Services and Organisational Capacity
- Business planning activities, such as plan and deliver creative and engaging consultation events and activities,
to understand and gather information from a diverse range of people on local needs and issues, ensuring that new
projects and activities are developed in line with community needs.
- New service development in response
to changing need. This includes developing, launching, consolidating and supporting new services in partnership
with other community-based organisations.
- Representation on local and thematic planning groups and
liaison with partners.
- Working closely with the Board of Trustees to implement the strategic direction
of the Association in delivery of a two-year recovery plan
Funding and Finance
- Developing capital and revenue fundraising strategy, following up leads, developing relationships with funders
and seeking new funders.
- Co-ordinating information needed for funding applications ensuring knowledge of
up-to-date criteria and eligibility for funding opportunities.
- Securing funding to support the
development of new and existing services from a diversity of income generating activities
- Acting as main
point of contact with funders.
- Ensuring that monitoring is in place to monitor spend on
- Recruitment, management and ongoing development of volunteers, including providing or arranging training, rotas,
roles and responsibilities.
Marketing and Communications
- Producing a marketing and communications strategy.
- Overseeing and managing the marketing and
communications strategy to promote the organisation and sell services.
- Leading on day-to-day
communications and marketing including updating website, Facebook, ensuring twitter and other platforms work
well and designing and delivering e-newsletter. Liaising with the press and managing the growing data-base of
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of different areas of Organisational Development activity such as governance, strategy development,
funding / fundraising, volunteer management, stakeholder engagement, and/or partnership
- Experience of managing projects, events and activities within a community facing
- Experience of community involvement and consultation/engagement/facilitation
- Experience working with communities to develop facilities and services.
of managing and supporting volunteers.
- Experience in the development and management of project
- Relevant qualification to the role i.e., OD, governance, leadership development etc.
- Success in
delivering community development projects which have been led by the community and have resulted in meaningful
- Experience of partnership working and developing partnerships.
- Experience of supporting the development and implementation of
fundraising strategies and plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
- Excellent organisational
skills – the ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Strong IT and digital skills –
such as MS Office, Google docs and digital communication tools such as social media, web content
- Good knowledge of the local area and community.
Values and Behaviours
- A demonstrable commitment to our organisation’s values.
- Strong commitment to, and understanding of the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Confident working ‘on the ground’ in the community.
- A willingness to work outside of usual office hours when required.