Charity number 219432
We are looking for a Diversity & Inclusion Project Manager to develop, deliver, and evaluate a three-year funded project in Scotland to support improvements in diversity and inclusion in Samaritans Scotland. You will be supporting development of inclusive volunteering opportunities in Scottish branches, the National office, and new areas of Samaritans work in Scotland.
· £36,149 per annum plus benefits
· 3 year FTC
· Edinburgh, Scotland
· 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
· To embed Samaritans approach to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion into specific new activities in Scotland
· To develop and support opportunities to sustainably increase diversity and inclusion in existing Scottish branches
· To manage effective development, delivery, and evaluation of the project
· To provide expertise from, and in, Scotland on Samaritans wider developments in improving Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Skills and Experience:
· Experience in successfully leading and managing projects to deliver increased diversity and a strong culture of inclusion
· Knowledge of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, including the legislative environment in Scotland and the features of good practice
· Experience of successfully influencing cultural change
· Skills in influencing a wide range of audiences effectively
· Experience of community development, particularly with marginalised and/or under represented groups
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person that they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
We are looking for an Influencing Manager (Scotland) to manage Samaritans Scotland’s influencing staff and activities across parliamentary, public policy and communication channels. You will help us effect positive change and support our work to ensure fewer people die by suicide. This is an exciting time to join a growing team and play a key role in developing our influencing function at a time of great change with a new Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government on the horizon.
As Influencing Manager, you will ensure engagement in our influencing work from people with lived experience, Samaritans volunteers, external partners and relevant colleagues across UK and ROI. You will bring professional expertise and influencing insight to shape Samaritans Scotland’s work.
• Line manage a small Influencing team (currently two staff)
• Manage day-to-day delivery of effective influencing activity in Scotland, under the direction of the Executive Director
• Build relationships, internally and externally, to support impact in Samaritans’ Scotland public policy work
• Provide influencing expertise to support Samaritans Scotland’s impact
• Contribute to the development of an innovative and impactful influencing team
• Previous experience of leading influencing activity at a national level to effect positive social change
• Previous skills and experience in working successfully across parliamentary, public policy and media functions
• Expert knowledge of the workings of the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government
• Previous experience of working with print, broadcast and digital media
• Experience of creatively engaging different audiences in public policy and/or messaging development
• Knowledge of writing and presenting persuasively
• Strong analytical and project management skills (able to evaluate and measure impact)
• Experience of managing or overseeing staff or volunteers
• Passionate about influencing positive social change across different channels
• A confident and persuasive communicator
• Enjoys engaging in complex relationships and inter-dependencies to effect change
• Previous experience in mental health, well-being or inequalities (desirable)
• Experience of engaging with people who have lived experience (desirable)
• Knowledge of different techniques for levering social change (desirable)
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.