Carers Trust Scotland is part of Carers Trust, a major charity for, with and about carers. We work to improve
support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member
or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems. With locally based Network
Partners we are able to support carers in the community with information, advice, emotional support, hands on
practical help and access to much needed breaks. We offer specialist services for carers of people of all ages
and conditions and a range of individually tailored support and group activities.
We are currently looking for a Youth Inclusion and Wellbeing Worker (Scotland). The scope and main duties for this
- Oversee youth involvement in the planning, development and delivery of the “Together” European partnership
project, the “Young Carer Mental Health Toolkit” and the complimentary “Train the Trainer” module.
in creating the Young Carer Mental Health Toolkit resource and devise the “Train the Trainer” module
- Deliver and evaluate the Young Carer Mental Health Toolkit “Train the Trainer” module to young
carer workers and youth professionals across Scotland.
- Lead in planning, delivery and evaluation of the
“Together – a whole family approach for young carers” European partnership project. This also involves attending
bi-annual project partner meetings that take place across Europe.
- Liaise and work with the young carers
team to assist in the planning and delivery of consultation and engagement events, adhering to child protection
and safeguarding procedures.
- Provide regular reports to the funders as required.
- Liaise with
colleagues within Carers Trust and other partners to plan media and PR opportunities for all activities,
training and events.
- Build professional contacts with a range of decision makers and represent the
organisation at various meetings where appropriate.
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- partnership working.
- developing and delivering training.
- successful project planning and
- developing publications and resources.
- working with children and young
- working with professionals.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in joining a vibrant organisation and very successful team.