Purpose:- To develop and deliver a range of activities with children which supports their learning and
Duties and Responsibilities of Post:-
- Develop, plan and deliver services indoor and outdoor to meet the needs of children and their families.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate After School Children's Clubs along with a team of volunteers.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate Child Development Sessions with pre-5 children along with a team of volunteers.
- Work with families on a one-to-one basis to encourage play and promote early learning and development.
- Work alongside the Volunteer Development Co-ordinator where volunteers are involved and carry out planning sessions and de-briefs with volunteers as appropriate.
- Make referrals to partner organisations on behalf of service users as appropriate.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, partnerships, networks, groups and service providers.
- Ensure Child Protection procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety measures, Equal Opportunities objectives, and anti discriminatory practices are implemented and adhered to.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager regarding funding applications concerning children’s work where appropriate.
- Represent the Project in the community, city wide and nationally; including conferences, meetings and from time to time, giving presentations about the work.
- Participate in general office duties, staff meetings, events and activities.
- Consult and co-operate with the line manager and directors, providing regular reports both written and verbal.
- Attend relevant training/development opportunities.
- Reflect on and develop own practice in consultation with Line Manager.
- Undertake job related administration including accounting for expenses.
- Effectively manage the use of resources.
- Keep appropriate records including accurate and detailed records of work undertaken and keep accurate records for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Any other reasonable duties as may be appropriate or as directed by the line manager or directors.