Charity registered in Scotland SC034197
Moving On Inverclyde is a day-care project supporting recovery from problematic substance use (alcohol and drugs) in Inverclyde. Due to maternity leave we are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team and deliver our high impact Connexions recovery project. We require a project worker who is dynamic, flexible and who can find innovative solutions with people, not for them.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills essential, as you will work alongside various partner agencies and groups. You will proactively use your problem-solving and creative thinking skills to ensure opportunities for positive community connections are maximised for individuals accessing the service.
The role will involve the ability to:
Moving on exists for Rebuilding Lives, Restoring Hope, Reshaping Futures
Moving On have a vacancy for a Service Manager.
Qualities and skills:
Excellent communication skills with ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Motivational with good coaching skills
Energetic, enthusiastic and open to change
Ability to build effective relationships with other team members, service users and external partners
Sees Service Users at the centre of all actions
Accepts responsibility for setting goals to achieve objectives and able to delegate to relevant person
Strategic thinker Good Organisational skills
Knowledge and understanding of addictions
Knowledge and understanding of 3rd Sector
Leadership and management of successful teams
Education and qualification:
Qualification in Alcohol & Drug Studies essential
Team management qualifications an advantage
- Leading and managing, coaching and developing, the Moving On team, giving regular constructive feedback to ensure excellent service is provided at all times in a friendly and approachable manner
- Proactively and continuously identifying and achieving funding for the project.
- Following Moving On’s Mission and Values and achieving targets as agreed
- Actively supervising, supporting, delegating and working with the team to achieve targets
- Analysing and giving suggestions to Moving On Board to improve services and suggest new services
- Taking part in recruitment with assessment according to requirements and profile specified
- Leading the induction of new employees and identifying and delivering training
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports and other required documents
- Developing and carrying out Marketing and Promotional Campaigns
- Representing Moving On to regulatory authorities including all required documentation
- Representing Moving On at local ADP and national forums, keeping up to date and informing staff members of local and national alcohol and drug strategies.
- Responsibility for managing budgets and cost optimisation
- Fulfilment of all Legal, Professional and Ethical requirements for the role
- Monitoring Health and Safety and Data Protection and ensuring compliance
Moving On Inverclyde is a community-based service supporting adults who are recovering from problematic substance use (alcohol and drugs) in Inverclyde.
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated people to join our team and deliver our new Early Intervention Service. The project worker will work in a person-centred way alongside Service Users, entering our service, to support their individual needs.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills are essential, as you will work alongside various partner agencies and groups.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the role will involve: