Charity registered in Scotland SC036775
Rowan Alba Ltd is a Scottish Charity supporting homeless and vulnerable individuals towards a more stable life. Rowan Alba seeks to empower vulnerable and marginalized individuals in securing and developing a fruitful and productive homelife and future.
OVERALL AIM OF THE SERVICE:
Stramullion work with women who have presented homeless. We provide practical, emotional and social support to women with multiple, over-lapping needs. We work with young women who are in transition from care, women who do not currently have functioning support systems, those who have experienced the Justice System, and those for whom alcohol or drug use has become unmanageable. We offer support to enable each woman to build the personal skills and resources they feel they need – equipping them to move on from homelessness in a positive, healthy and self-directed way.
OVERALL PURPOSES OF THE JOB:
• To provide a holistic support and resettlement service to clients
• To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing an effective service to the client group
• To work in a sensitive, flexible and non-judgmental way and within an equal opportunities’ framework
• To achieve key outcomes of the service
• To participate in effective teamwork and establish good channels of Communication to all local organisations
OVERALL AIM OF THE SERVICE
CARDS (Community Alcohol Related Damage Service) matches volunteers with individuals who have current or historic relationship with alcohol. This is a new post and an excellent platform for an experienced health and social care worker to put their learning and passion for working in this sector in to shaping and developing the service. Building new relationships, finding key people in our local communities and working with your own case load of clients will be the day to day work, that over time, ultimately increases the number of places that our service users feel welcome. Our service user’s experiences are a key component to the overall aim of reducing loneliness, isolation and health inequalities. The overall aim of this post is to make sure that happens.
OVERALL PURPOSES OF JOB
• Develop our connections in the community guided by those that use our services and manage a case load of clients and volunteers.
• To effectively support with the co-ordination of the volunteers to achieve the aims and meet the key performance indicators of the service.
• To develop and sustain links with local individuals, groups, agencies and be involved with the publicity and promotion of the project.
• To work in a sensitive, flexible and non-judgmental way and be able and willing to receive and deliver feedback within an equal opportunities’ framework.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a temporary Residential Support Worker who is passionate about supporting individuals. We are looking for a dedicated and committed individual, who has gained experience within a social care setting. worked with people who are alcohol dependent, have complex (often homelessness related) health needs and are prone to challenging behaviour and episodic poor physical and mental health.
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for ensuring that a high-quality person-centred support service is delivered. provide positive, practical and emotional support to the residents that promotes choice and encourages personal responsibility. To be an effective Team Player in a extremely challenging environment and establish and maintain efficient professional relationships with a range of external services.
You must possess or be willing to work towards a suitable qualification in line with the SSSC Regulatory Requirements.