· To provide a reception service to all visitors to the Resource Centre.
· Taking referrals.
· To demonstrate the range of specialist aids and equipment to people who are visually impaired and hard of hearing.
· To deal with incoming phone calls.
· Mail handling.
· To undertake stock control duties, which include ordering, stock taking and relevant invoicing and receipting.
· To keep up to date with new equipment and pass the relevant information on to clients and staff.
· To maintain and update information service and ensure leaflets are available in our Inverness office.
· To ensure a professional and confidential service is offered.
· To undertake any other duties that may be required
Sight Action is a registered charity supporting visually impaired people throughout the Highlands and Western Isles.
Are you looking for a change? Why not take this exciting opportunity, join our team, and come work in the beautiful rural regions of the Highlands?
We are currently looking to recruit a Rehabilitation Officer based in Inverness.
As a Rehabilitation Officer you will need a Foundation degree or Diploma in Rehabilitation Studies and be able to offer professional advice and support to blind/partially sighted people, their families, carers and to other agencies. You will have proven experience in the field of visual impairment. Ideally, you will also have some experience of working with people with hearing loss.
You will, following consultation with the service user, be able to carry out specialist assessments, plan, prepare and deliver individual care plans and training, towards agreed and achievable outcomes, that will enable them to live as independently and safely as possible.. This will include mobility, independent living skills and training in specialist equipment including low vision aids and to aid social inclusion.
Excellent communication skills and experience of working with other agencies are essential aspects of the role.
I.T skills are important as is the ability to produce accurate and timeous reports.
This is an essential drivers post.
Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be interviewed.