To provide a safe, professional and supportive service for women and any accompanying children who have experienced or are at risk of domestic abuse, who have additional support needs and who are living in refuge accommodation provided by Edinburgh Women’s Aid.
other services to enable women to make informed choices and decisions.
administration and documentation are completed correctly
The overarching aims of this post are:
1. Women have increased financial independence (access to economic resources, education, paid labour market, routes out of poverty).
2. Services supporting women experiencing domestic abuse have increased knowledge, resources and confidence to respond to their employment and educational support needs.
3. Services are better connected to local and national employability supports.
4. Strategic local and national employability systems better reflect the economic needs of women who have experienced domestic abuse.
The post holder(s) will work with Edinburgh Women’s Aid and Shakti Women’s Aid service users to:
1. Consult with women about their access to paid employment and the range of additional barriers that they face as a result of domestic abuse.
2. Facilitate groups of women to develop a model/models of employability support that seek/s to address the barriers into fair and sustainable employment that they have identified.
3. Support women to engage through joint events with partners and allies to share information and to discuss potential for change.
4. Problem solve and create draft local solutions to address the barriers identified by women.
5. Monitor review and evaluate the project.