Charity registered in Scotland SC014096
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
The Welfare Support Service provides support and advocacy to vulnerable beneficiaries and those with multiple and complex needs. The Support is delivered by a network of home based Welfare Support Officers and Independent Living Advisers. This role will provide administrative support to the Welfare Services team with a focus on back-office activity and engagement with existing beneficiaries for the Welfare Support Service. The individual will be responsible for responding to enquiries and requests, inputting data, maintaining internal databases in an accurate and timely manner whilst working to deadlines to meet the needs of the Welfare Services team.
Key Skills / Experience
· Commitment to customer engagement and the ability to respond positively and cooperatively to the needs of internal and external customers.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people.
· Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a range of tasks, prioritising your own workload to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work flexibly using own initiative in a busy environment whilst working effectively with the team.
· Proficient use of MS Office, databases and keyboard skills
· Clear confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to deal with personal information in a confidential and sensitive manner
· Knowledge of the Armed Forces sector would be an advantage
Advice / Information Giving
5th March 2020
Bud is Poppyscotland's brand new vehicle for exploration and learning, a truck that transforms into a mobile community space, comprising a mini poppy factory, micro-museum and with interactive learning opportunities. Bud is an interactive experience that encourages visitors to… Read more
Short-Term / Seasonal Working
11th February 2020
Bud is Poppyscotland’s brand new vehicle for exploration and learning, a truck that transforms into a mobile community space, comprising a mini poppy factory, micro-museum and with interactive learning opportunities. Bud is an interactive experience that encourages visitors to … Read more