Johnstone Credit Union is a community based not-for-profit financial co-operative established over 40 years ago,
owned and run by members in Renfrewshire and providing services to over 5000 members. We pride ourselves on
being community focused with social and ethical values – our ethos is the alleviation of financial poverty and
the promotion of responsible credit.
The role will be to assist the office manager in all duties to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the
- To carry out all administrative and teller duties.
- To deal with members general enquiries in a
- To help with decision making on loan applications in accordance with the loan
- To maintain accurate and up to date records of all financials including submission of all
regulatory reports to the PRA and FCA.
- To train and supervise volunteers assisting with Credit Union
- To process staff salaries and pension commitments.
- To implement and adhere to all
procedures and policies introduced from time to time by the board of directors and to undertake such other
duties and responsibilities as are commensurate with the post.
- To undertake any other duties as may be
instructed by the office Manager
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Broad knowledge of office management and administration practices gained from significant practical and related
- Experience of providing high quality member service within a financial services
- IT skills to a proficient level on Microsoft packages
- Good verbal and written
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise own
- Ability to work well in a team and use own use initiative.
- Ability to work with a high
standard of confidentiality and integrity
- HND Accounting or equivalent finance qualification is essential
- Previous experience in financial sector