The Adviser will provide a dedicated advice and information service to people in East Lothian, for the new “Change to
the Max” project.
The post will necessitate travel throughout East Lothian, a car is therefore essential to this post. There will be a
balance of home working and being office based, due to Covid.
- To maintain and support a general advice presence across East Lothian as directed by the Bureau Manager and set out in your terms and conditions
- To provide advice and assistance to clients experiencing issues around rent arrears (potential homelessness), fuel and food poverty, difficulties budgeting and in need of money advice.
- To provide financial advice support to clients, and to educate them in financial literacy. To understand budgeting, and to support them with making informed decisions.
- To issue budgeting packs to clients and to engage and work with a variety of clients on a caseload basis.
- Assist individuals to look at banking options, and to assist them with opening new accounts should this be a suitable option.
- Assist and support individuals with digital platforms, and to ensure that they are utilising technology to gain access to a wider platform of information and to explore wider options available to them.
- To compile statistics and write case studies and reports to assist the manager with reporting to the funder.
- To provide advice by telephone, digitally or face to face.
- To provide home visits when required.
- Maintain accurate records of advice in accordance with the National Standards and Citizens Advice Scotland membership requirements
- To work closely with the CAB Money Advice and other CAB services, referring cases where appropriate to ensure people are provided with accurate and appropriate advice
- Attend relevant meetings for networking and information exchange