The Charity Fundraiser will be responsible for increasing individual, group and corporate charitable contributions
and maximising income for The Catherine McEwan Foundation. This will enable the foundation to grow and achieve
its aims, to improve life for those suffering from Crohn’s and Colitis.
The post holder will use excellent communication skills and initiative to develop relationships with potential
donors, business and local fundraisers and volunteers to build upon the successful networks in place.
In this role, the fundraiser will expand upon the existing portfolio of supporters and events, to maximise the
different revenue streams available and explore new fundraising opportunities.
The Charity Fundraiser will assist and support all corporate partners with their fundraising. They will use their
organisational and planning skills to assist with the co-ordination and project planning of special events to
maximise the fundraising potential of these.
- Assist in planning and implementing new strategies and campaigns to bring in new donors building upon the
- Manage, nurture, and support individual community fundraisers and their fundraising
activities to maximise the funds they raise.
- Assist in planning and delivering fundraising events,
building upon the current portfolio to maximise the potential income generated as well as developing new and
imaginative fundraising activities.
- Support, implement and raise awareness of new fundraising
- To engage with, and increase awareness of the charity and its work, in the local community
e.g. giving talks or seeking photo opportunities in the media.
- Develop strong, productive relationships
with local businesses.
- Record and maintain fundraising CRM/Records.
- Act as the main point of
contact for fundraising queries by corporate supporters; providing and sustaining an excellent level of service
to maximise income generation and meet agreed requirements. Co-ordinate and support companies with their staff
fundraising initiatives, providing advice and materials where appropriate.
- Act as an Ambassador,
effectively conveying the charity’s mission, vision and programmes to potential donors.
- Work in line
with the Institute of Fundraising Practice, charity law and OSCR guidelines.
- Proactively develop and
manage the cultivation of new corporate contacts by instigating face to face meetings, pitching and managing
their developing relationship with The Catherine McEwan Foundation culminating with successful
- To present to existing corporate supporters a wide portfolio of offerings to secure
sponsorship, cause related marketing, commercial participation, in kind support and employee fundraising
opportunities to attract new business.
- To develop and implement the effective use of networking
including social media to generate new prospective business across varied and diverse sectors both locally and
- To co-ordinate and deliver a series of planned marketing communications to corporate
partners and supporters and to potential donors, providing updates and fundraising initiatives so as to build
- To take responsibility of enquiries, responding, handling or directing where
- To comply with the Foundation’s Employment and Health and Safety requirements.
Fundraising: 2 years (required)
A full job description is attached below.