Migrant Voice is looking for Project Coordinator (4 days per week) to set up and run our new exciting project in Glasgow from June.
The ‘Putting Ourselves in the Picture’ project will empower migrants to tell their stories, filling their missing place in Scottish heritage and promote integration through art, history and culture. This will ensure that migrants’ heritage (as part of Scotland’s heritage) is recognised, documented and shared with the rest of the community and for future generations.
The project builds on MV's planned 2023 exhibition at the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum in Glasgow. The exhibition will feature photographic portraits and accompanying text of migrants telling the stories of their lives in Scotland.
The Project Coordinator will develop the ‘Putting Ourselves in the Picture’ project for Migrant Voice. The project will run meetings, discussions and training sessions to empower migrants to use creative tools to tell their stories. In coordination with Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum the project Coordinator will be responsible for organising training, exhibitions and related events and for engaging Migrant Voice’s network members and new community members in the activities.
Summary of project activities
The Project Coordinator will:
• Set up and run the ‘Putting Ourselves in the Picture’ project and coordinate the day-to-day running of the project according to the project plan, including delivery of targets and milestones.
• Recruit participants for the project from migrant communities in Glasgow and engage existing Glasgow network members.
• Facilitate the appointment of external providers, including trainers and evaluators, and coordinate their activity within the project plan.
• Coordinate and facilitate the delivery of training workshops and mentoring sessions.
• Liaise with project partners, including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, on exhibitions and related activities.
Also see the full job description attached.