Cornerstone Developments Edinburgh Ltd (CDEL) is seeking to appoint new Board members to lead and guide the organisation through the next exciting, ambitious phase of development following on from investment to new and upgraded facilities at our venue in the centre of Edinburgh. Now moving into its third year, CDEL is well placed as a limited company to maximise our income to support the charitable aims within our parent organisation, St John’s the Evangelist Church which plays a meaningful and lasting role within our local community as society recovers from the impacts of COVID and beyond. Over the past 12-months CDEL has built upon its well-laid foundations and learned valuable experiences in building financial sustainability; utilising our enhanced facilities; strengthening commercial partnerships; developing its customer base; building on a strong, loyal and growing community who support our fair and ethical approach to business.
The new Board members will guide the Board direction and as we move from the building phase to our income generation maximising the strong asset base we have developed. Board members duties will focus around Engaging in strategic planning
● Determining the organisation’s mission and vision
● Engaging in strategic planning
● Building of a 5 year business plan with robust income generation
● Develop a marketing strategy and delivery plans
● Ensuring policies/procedures are formulated & in place
● Being a responsible employer
● Professional and proactive work ethic.
● Enhancing the organisation’s public image
● Selecting and inducting new Board members
● Assisting in business & partner development
Board members should be committed to and live the values of an ethically rooted, eco focused organisation and represent CDEL at events or other forums where appropriate.
This is a voluntary role, however any reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the carrying role, as board member, will be reimbursed.