Charity registered in Scotland SC049318
FCSS has been created to challenge the inflexibility of current childcare provision across the country and to ensure equity of early years’ and childcare experience for all children regardless of family circumstances, location or specific needs.
To do this we have developed a range of services aimed at supporting children and families, childcare providers and childcare practitioners. These include:
We are now seeking new Trustees to join our board including a new Treasurer.
Board Trustees are responsible for the charity's governance and strategy, and for making sure that the charity is administered effectively. They must account for its activities and outcomes.
The Treasurer will lead the Board of Trustees on matters relating to financial reporting and decision-making. The Treasurer’s primary role is to assist and advise the Board of Trustees in overseeing finances, the Treasurer will also lead the Finance Sub Committee and work with the Head of Finance to ensure the financial sustainability of the organisation.
To find out more about these roles, please download the Job Description below.
Flexible Childcare Services Scotland (FCSS), is a national charity which manages 23 childcare settings across Aberdeenshire, the Highlands and Islands, Dundee and Kilmarnock. The charity was created after it was found that parents were unable to accept offers of employment due to a lack of high quality, flexible, and accessible childcare services.
To support parents to find sustainable employment, or education and training opportunities, FCSS deliver a flexible childcare model where parents/carers can book childcare by the hour, and they can change their booked hours every week to reflect their working patterns.
This will enable parents be more efficient with their funded hours, saving them potentially hundreds of pounds each month by allowing them to book their childcare at the times when they need it most.
About this role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Fundraising Co-ordinator to develop and lead on our fundraising strategy to ensure FCSS can meet income targets through grants, events, donations and sponsorship, effectively identifying and developing opportunities.
This is a part time (25 hours / week) role, attracting a salary of £28,965 – £31,471 per annum pro-rata, depending on experience.
This is a Hybrid role and candidates would work some of their time at home and some of their time in our Head Office in Dundee.
• Holidays: 37 paid days pro rata including Public Holidays
• Pension: The FCSS Pension scheme is a Flexible Retirement Plan, with The Pensions Trust. On appointment you will be automatically enrolled but following a qualifying period you may increase your contributions. Where an employee pays a minimum contribution of 3% of salary, FCSS will make a 7% contribution.
• Training and Support and Supervision: You will receive induction training and frequent support in the first three months. Thereafter you will receive monthly individual support and supervision and annual appraisals. All team members have access to relevant internal and external training.
• Long Service Awards – Financial or annual leave rewards after 10 years of service
• CycleScheme – Save a between 25% & 39% on new bike packages
• Generous life assurance scheme