As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a young disabled man and powerchair-user to pursue his interests and live as independently. You will be working as part of a team in a variety of settings, locations and shift times, including evenings and weekends, being flexible where possible.
Skills & Personal Qualities
Experienced Male Support Worker required (car driver essential).
£24,045 pa minimum, based on approx. 33 hours (day rate) per week plus 7 sleepovers every 4 weeks: day rate £10.30 per hour, sleepover is 11pm to 7am and pays £70 per sleepover. Note: the sleepover is not a waking night shift and staff ‘sleep in’ at the flat in a comfortable and well resourced sleepover room with desk/chair/armchair, dedicated TV, broadband, laptop etc.
Funded via a direct payment and employed directly by the client’s guardians, we are looking for a new worker to join our team of five who look after our son in his own spacious flat in the West End of Glasgow. Day to day management, supervision and team meetings are organised by a dedicated Team Leader. Normal shift patterns consist of day shifts from 10am to 6pm and sleepovers from 6pm to 10am.
We are looking for an experienced male worker (Section 7 (1) (a) and (2) (b) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 apply) to provide flexible support to a young man aged 27 who has autism/learning disability and is one of the nicest non-verbal fellows you will ever meet.
The ideal candidate will have excellent values relating to the inclusion of people with disabilities and an enthusiastic and ‘can do’ approach. Duties also involve all aspects of home care and basic personal care including administration of medication.
We are looking for an active person who likes walking in the rain, visiting community leisure activities and thinking up and trialling new outings and opportunities. A car driver with a passion for the outdoors and a mature and confident attitude is needed to join our small team. The worker will require to have some flexibility to cover colleague’s holidays and sickness on occasion for which additional day/sleepover rates will be paid.
Living in or within easy travelling distance to Scotstoun would be an advantage. Statutory sick pay and 28 days holiday pay per annum pro rata (based on 35-hour week) apply. Pension contributions are optional via NEST pensions at a rate of 5% employee and 3% employer contributions for qualifying staff.
As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a sociable and intelligent young man who has a physical disability and uses a powered wheelchair, to pursue his interests and live as independently as possible.
Skills & Experience
Support worker required to join a small team to support 42 year old man living in his own home.
Experience of working with people who have a learning disability and autism
PVG Membership (or be willing to join)
Driving license essential
As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a young man who has muscular dystrophy uses a powered wheelchair, to pursue his interests and live as independently as possible.
· Provide assistance with social and leisure activities (e.g. cinema, evening classes, meeting friends, visiting new places, trying new things, etc).
· Provide assistance with note taking, administrative and work-related tasks.
· Provide assistance out and about, including driving wheelchair accessible van.
· Provide assistance with eating, drinking and preparing food.
· Provide assistance with getting in and out of bed, using a tracking hoist (training provided).
· Provide assistance with personal care, showering and toileting.
· Provide assistance with domestic tasks (e.g. cleaning, laundry etc.)
Skills & Experience
· Excellent communication and conversational skills.
· Understanding and positive attitude.
· Previous experience supporting someone with a disability.
· Driving licence valid in the UK (applicants who do not meet this criterion will be rejected).
· Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership.
· Opportunity open to both male and female applicants.
· Casual position (holiday/sickness cover and regular Saturday shift).
· Training is provided.
About the Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living
The Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living provides administrative support and payroll services to the employer. This allows the employer to remain anonymous in the early stages of recruitment in order to protect their privacy. Our client will contact you if you are shortlisted for interview.
I am a 52 year old man with Progressive MS I am looking for a PA to allow me to lead my life independently. I need someone to listen to what I want and follow instructions. Therefore it’s vital that the PA has good communication and listening skills.
The job involves assisting me with a variety of tasks. Like most people, my day varies so it is difficult to list every task.
After a period of familiarisation with duties, you will be required to assist with the following tasks, sometimes without supervision. The post holder will therefore need to be able to work unsupervised. The PA will therefore need to work on their own initiative whilst at the same time be respectful of my wishes.
The job involves moving and assisting/use of a hoist so previous experience is essential. You do not have to be strong to do the job well but good health is important.
The job requires providing assistance with the following:
Training can be given on tasks not familiar.
Post based within a homely environment.
As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a young man who has muscular dystrophy and uses a powered wheelchair, to pursue his interests and live as independently as possible.
• Provide assistance with social and leisure activities.
• Provide assistance with note taking, administrative and work-related tasks.
• Provide assistance out and about, including driving wheelchair accessible van.
• Provide assistance with eating, drinking and preparing food.
• Provide assistance with transfers using a ceiling hoist.
• Provide assistance with dressing, personal care, showering and toileting.
• Provide assistance with cleaning, laundry and other domestic tasks.
Skills & Experience
• Excellent communication and conversational skills are essential.
• Understanding and positive attitude is essential.
• Previous experience supporting someone with a disability is desirable.
• Driving licence valid in the UK is essential as you will be required to drive the employer’s adapted van.
• PVG scheme membership is essential.