Charity registered in Scotland SC046638
Street Fit Scotland supports a diversity of people who are experiencing homelessness, vulnerably housed due to overcrowding, poor conditions, living in hostels, supported accommodation, fleeing domestic abuse living in refuges, BNB’s, released from prison, acute hospital settings and settling back into mainstream society. recovering from homelessness or living through trauma. We support people to stay physically active to reduce harmful behaviours that include drug and alcohol use/self-harming/self-harming behaviours, self-destructive behaviours to gain better health, housing outcomes by doing so we reduce health inequalities. We have created community connection and social inclusion.
The role of the Treasurer is responsible for providing advice and assistance to the Board the Chair and the Manager in all matters relating to the financial administration of the organisation. The person must have a sound knowledge of organisational and executive procedures together with a good working knowledge of financial legislation relating to the running of a registered charity.
A full role description is attached below.
Street Fit Scotland is a local charity that provides fitness and wellbeing programmes to people affected by homelessness. The role of Funding Officer is critical to the success of SFS, gaining much needed funding to grow the charity. Within this role you will report to the CEO but act with autonomy to seek new funding avenues, you will have strong organisational skills with the ability to read detailed funding criteria and match it to that of SFS. You will organise and prioritise applications based on timescales, money available and complexity of application.
The Funding Officer is a new post to SFS so there will be lots of scope to make the role your own, using your initiative to support the charity’s progress. There will be a possibility to extend the contract if the role proves viable. This post will be on a probationary basis for the first two months. Due to COVID-19 this position will be remote until further notice.
1) Complete successful funding applications and proactively find relevant funding opportunities.
2) Manage and organise funding priorities, timelines, paperwork, progress charts and any other funding data.
3) Provide CEO with regular funding updates.
4) Represent and promote Street Fit Scotland in a positive and proactive manner.
• Complete funding applications on behalf of SFS and admin
• Proactively Research for funding opportunities
• Liaise with funders and stakeholders
• Keep accurate and up to date records of: funding applications, feedback from funders, funding plan and funding tracker, and a bank of funding answers
• Create monthly overview report of all in-progress funding applications
• Support with related administrative tasks where appropriate
• Input the financial projections for each funding application
• Complete end of Grant forms from funders
• Previous experience of fundraising activities, specifically completing successful funding applications.
• Understanding of funding applications, funders, and funding criteria
• Attention to detail
• Organisational skills, Resourceful
• Knowledge and understanding of the needs of SFS participants
• Good communication skills - written and verbal