A fantastic opportunity has arisen with high-profile health focused charity for a Philanthropy Manager. AWS are seeking a tenacious and strategically-minded individual with experience of the full solicitation cycle, including innovation in thanking and stewardship of donors.
Working collaboratively with senior members across the Fundraising & Communications team you will be instrumental in the recruitment and stewardship of high-level supporters, with emphasis on utilising their networks and furthering their fundraising propositions to the charity. In this post you will develop and implement an effective Philanthropy strategy to grow income in line with the charity’s overall strategy.
You will have a breadth of experience in account management, networking and building great rapport with a range of donors and influencers. You will also have a proven track record in working with high net worth individuals and delivering passionate, bespoke asks to attract mid-high level donations.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dedicated fundraising professional, with solid experience in managing databases, looking for the next step in their career. You will lead and manage the fundraising operations team, and will have overall responsibility for the database management of all donations to the organisation and efficient processing of Gift Aid Claims.
The post requires excellent organisational skills, strong written and verbal communication as well as working successfully as part of a diverse team based in Edinburgh.
· Lead and have overall responsibility for Database Management (Raiser's Edge).
· Devise database processes and procedures.
· Write and maintain process notes.
· Deliver internal training on the database.
· Oversee daily gift processing and acknowledgement.
· Support the Fundraising Officer to produce targeted selections for mailings, emails etc.
· Hold budgetary and spending approval for Fundraising Operations
· Manage the invoicing process.
· Provide regular reports as required, analysing, evaluating, and making recommendations for future activity.
· Manage the Fundraising Operations Team (Fundraising Officer & Fundraising Assistant) incoming work and schedules.
· Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
· Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
· Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives.
· Manage work plans, workloads and performance, with regular reviews.
· Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary.
· Present to a wide range of external stakeholders, including marketing agencies and other partners in a professional way.
· Support the existing team so they are able to represent the organisation to donors and the general public, dealing successfully with enquiries and providing pertinent information.
· Representation on all direct marketing and community leadership groups.
· Lead on fundraising risk register responsibilities.
· Liaise with external suppliers and maintain effective relationships.
· Act as the primary point of contact in Fundraising for the Finance team.
· Remain up to date with Data Protection Regulations, Fundraising Regulator Legislation and GDPR Legislation and ensure teams compliance.
Knowledge and Experience
· Ideally 3- 4 years+ of managing a fundraising or similar CRM or relational database.
· Experience of the Raiser’s Edge would be an advantage but is not essential.
· Comprehensive knowledge of, MS Excel, MS Access or other data manipulation packages.
· Experience of managing and producing selection briefs, and running data segmentation and data selection for mailing, telemarketing and e-mail campaigns.
· Experience of cleaning, manipulating and importing data to be used in mass market communications.
· Solid experience of reporting on performance measures and the ability to interpret results and use this data to conduct direct marketing tests and learn from the outcomes.
· Experience of providing training and support on a database.
· Detailed, practical knowledge and understanding of the GDPR and Data Protection legislation.
· Experience of managing staff.
· Project management experience (desirable).
· Experience of processing gifts and Gift Aid (desirable).
This is a permanent position reporting into the Senior Fundraising Manager.