Talk Matters offers a counselling service from its base at Izaat Avenue, Dunfermline. We have a team of counsellors, both student and fully qualified, who work to professional and ethical standards, providing a service to anyone experiencing mental health issues. Our ethos is to provide counselling that is not dependent on ability to pay and is therefore free at the point of delivery.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Administrator will provide reception and administrative support for the service staff, volunteers and Trustee Board. The position is based on 30 hours per week between 09.30 am and 6 pm with a day off during the week to be negotiated with the Service Manager.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for organisation and effective communication at every level while maintaining the professional reputation of the charity. He/she will have a clear understanding of client confidentiality and the practical application of GDPR in relation to client and staff records and personal information.
· Co-ordinate activities for our team of counsellors
· Liaising between clients, counsellors, referring GPs, Social Workers, and other relevant agencies
· Using database and spreadsheets to maintain records and statistics
· Collecting and banking petty cash and donations while keeping accurate records
· Maintaining the waiting list and client appointments
· Excellent time management and organisational skills and be able to prioritise work flow
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to relate to and work in a non-judgemental confident and sensitive manner with clients and volunteers
· Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Word, Excel and Teams.
· Knowledge of Google Calendar and email products
· Ability to work effectively for extended periods without supervision