We are seeking a dynamic Co-ordinator to work with the Board of Directors of the well-established, busy Edinburgh Iyengar Yoga Centre in Bruntsfield. The Centre was bought into community ownership in 2014 and is run as a Community Benefit Society.
You will be joining a vibrant community of students, teachers, operations team and Board members and facilitating the work of the Board to run the Centre and ensuring good communication between all. Being organised, experienced with office and financial systems and good people management are a requirement.
The post is part-time, working an average of 15 hours per week on a freelance basis with extra hours to be agreed with the Board if/as required. This equates to £38,220 per annum pro-rata. Independent working, as well as working alongside the Board, key partners and other members of our community, is essential and can be performed at the Centre and remotely as appropriate.
Key features of the role include:
• Website maintenance, with class timetabling.
• Preparing VAT returns, settling Centre bills and maintaining financial probity, liaising with the CBS treasurer and accountant as appropriate especially in the preparation of annual accounts.
• Management of the Centre operations team and overseeing Centre maintenance.
• Marketing and spreading the awareness of our yoga Centre.
• A point of contact for Centre teachers, students and shareholders.
• Regular meetings with the CBS Board.