Charity registered in Scotland SC002525
GMAC Film has been a creative talent hub for filmmakers in Scotland for 30 years. We provide an integral link between Scotland's screen industries and the wider community.
Our education work includes a range of employability and engagement programmes while our new entrant initiatives include film literacy, masterclasses, apprenticeships, networking and low cost film making facilities. For professionals we offer bespoke talent development programmes and production support.
GMAC Film is looking for an experienced General Manager to join our passionate, driven team, committed to creating an inclusive, diverse and ethical film sector in Scotland. You’ll be an integral part of the management team working at our Creative Hub in Glasgow’s flagship arts centre, Trongate 103. An exciting time to be part of our expanding team, contributing to a dynamic strategy for the year ahead.
GMAC Film is a skills and talent development centre for independent filmmakers, young people and professionals working in film. For 35 years we have been at the heart of the independent film sector in Scotland, providing resources and support for filmmakers and the mainstream industry, while offering accessible film education for young people from all backgrounds. We also create video content and hire training and production space from our city centre base.
The role includes:
Creative Hub Management
• Day to day management of our facility, ensuring tenants, long and short term are looked after
• Creating a positive welcoming environment for all visitors to our Training suite and Screening Room
• Being key liaison for all property service providers, maintenance and landlord communications
• Continuing to develop the Creative Hub and source capital funding to improve the physical space
• Managing all HR matters with employees and freelancers, implementing current policies with outsourced HR consultant support
• Working with staff to develop ongoing skills development to support GMAC Film’s ongoing aims, including updating Job Description’s and facilitating HR meetings
• Key liaison with finance specialists; bookkeeper and accountant, to ensure accurate accounting practice.
• Financial management of the organisation including budgeting, cash flow and reporting to the Board of Directors and CEO
Managing a small team
Managing a small business and/or charity/third sector organisation
Managing budgets / basic financial systems
Managing complex and competing priorities
Interest in the film sector and/or the creative industries
Knowledge of key legislation matters (H&S, HR, GDPR)
This is a full-time position; 35 hours PW /£26,000 PA. TC’s include generous holiday allowance, sick pay and we operate a Toil System (Time off in lieu). GMAC Film is a flexible and family friendly employer. A start date is anticipated as soon as possible. For an informal discussion of the role and the work of the charity please call 0141 5535400 and ask for Marissa Carrara or Beth Armstrong.