Charity number 1015988
Royal Voluntary Service can offer you career opportunities where your skills, strengths and enthusiasm will be rewarded and appreciated in many different ways.
We are the largest voluntary service delivering practical help in communities across Britain. Our aim is to provide support that enables older people to live independent and fulfilled lives – we want everybody to matter, regardless how old they are.
We are currently expanding and developing our services to enable many more older people to access the services we provide.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a Service Co-ordinator to join us on a maternity cover contract for up to 12 months.
If you’ve got experience of working with volunteers and the organisation skills to make a difference, this is the ideal role in which to do more, help people and oversee some incredible services that are making a huge difference to older people in East Lothian.
You’ll discover that Royal Voluntary Service makes a difference every day and supports those who need them the most. Utilising the generous gift of time that our volunteers donate, we strive to improve the lives of older people and particularly those who have become isolated or are just returning home from hospital.
As a Service Co-ordinator, you will support the delivery of our Supporting Your Recovery and Supporting You at Home services.
These services aim to reduce admissions to hospital and the overall impact of loneliness in older people by enabling them to reconnect with their community or access vital services and activities with transport support.
Working closely with volunteers, other Service Co-ordinators and the Service Manager, you will:
- Speak to volunteers, service users and their families on the phone and in person
- Co-ordinate the services to meet KPI and contractual agreements
- Support the Service Manager to match volunteers to specific services that match their skill-sets
- Complete regular evaluations and reporting to support funding
- Help to arrange volunteers, safeguarding, enquiries and promotion of the service
- Assist with the recruitment, induction, development and day-to-day management of volunteers
- Develop and maintain relationships with key local contacts
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of working with volunteers and supporting and motivating them on a daily basis
- Knowledge and understanding of volunteers and voluntary services
- Experience of handling personal information and the legal requirements of this
- The ability to build positive and effective relationships and partnerships
Self-motivated and resourceful, as the Service Co-ordinator, you’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A great eye for detail, a positive attitude and superb time-management abilities are also key.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. We are also able to offer this role on a part time basis or as part of a job share.