We provide care and support to adults with learning disabilities, acquired brain injury, dementia and mental health issues, both at home and in the community.
We’re recruiting Neighbourhood Workers in Duns, Berwickshire, and in Galashiels in the Scottish Borders and our main priority for this role is to find people with the right values, behaviours and attitudes that match our own!
As an equal opportunity employer we are fully committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in which all employees and job applicants are treated equally. We are an accredited Disability Confident organisation and we encourage applications from all members of the community.
About the role:
You don’t need to have previous experience or qualifications. You do need to have a positive attitude towards people with a disability and an ability to work with others in a positive and honest manner, along with a good sense of humour. We’ll provide full training and ongoing support to enable you to have a rewarding career, plus the opportunity to gain an SVQ Level 2 qualification.
Full-time or part-time posts are available. Applicants should be flexible in their approach to hours of work, as staff are required to work a range of shifts including regular weekends and sleepovers. A valid driving licence would be desirable although not essential.
You’ll be expected to apply for and maintain your registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and to ensure that your values and behaviours comply with the SSSC code of conduct.
Any offer of employment will be conditional on a satisfactory Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check and two satisfactory references.
Flexible working hours
Opportunity to gain SVQ Level 2
Streets Ahead (Borders) is a charitable organisation based in the Scottish Borders. We provide care and support to adults both at home and in the community. Most of the people we support have learning disabilities.
We are looking to recruit a full time Deputy Service Manager to join the Management team in our Hawick service.
The ideal person will be dynamic with a strong value base, a commitment to promoting positive outcomes for people we support and the skills to support colleagues in the workplace. You must have a level III qualification in Social care or equivalent plus a minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory role or a proven record of managing staff teams in a supported living environment.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will:
• be responsible for ensuring the assessment of support and care needs and the development, implementation and review of support plans to the people who receive a service.
• assist the Service Manager in developing, leading and managing the staff team and will be expected to assume responsibility for the service and its management in the absence of the Manager.
• be required to supervise staff and contribute to the induction of new staff.
• be required to manage resources efficiently and ensure compliance with the law, national care standards and service policies and procedures
• uphold our organisational values
• be a key player in supporting Streets Ahead to meet its strategic objectives