Charity number 215199
We are looking for an individual to join us as a home based Area Fundraising Manager for the Scotland, Northern Ireland and the North of England Region. You will join us on a full time permanent basis working 35 hours per week. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £27540 - £30933 per annum plus £3000 car allowance.
Diabetes is the most potentially devastating – and fastest growing – health crisis of our time, requiring ongoing high-quality care and support. There are currently 4.5 million people in the UK living with diabetes, and 12.3 million more at increased risk of getting Type 2 diabetes. Those diagnosed face the risk of life-changing, and life-limiting, complications, unless they are given the very best care and the support they need to manage their condition well. As a society we need to work together now – and take action now – to fund critical research, improve healthcare and treatment, and prevent yet more people developing this potentially life-threatening condition. We have a vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm – if you’d like to be part of that, why not join us?
What we can offer our Area Fundraising Manager:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual Season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and permanent health insurance
Key responsibilities of our Area Fundraising Manager:
In year one of an ambitious 3 year strategy, this is an exciting time to join our team and help shape the development of Community Fundraising at Diabetes UK. This role will be accountable for:
- The leadership, remote line-management and performance management for a team of home based geographically dispersed Regional Fundraisers
- Motivating and inspiring a team to deliver against KPIs, income and net contribution targets
- Contributing to the development and delivery of a community fundraising acquisition strategy to recruit new supporters, provide sector leading supporter experiences and to grow income
- Working across teams to create opportunity and gain support for community fundraising.
This role has line-management responsibility for a team of 5 Regional Fundraisers as well as developing strong relationships across the wider Engagement and Fundraising Directorate and charity.
What we’re looking for in our Area Fundraising Manager:
The ideal candidate will be a fundraising professional with proven achievements in line management, financial management and delivery against targets and KPIs. They will have experience in and commitment to relationship fundraising and excellent supporter stewardship, as well as the drive and enthusiasm necessary to grow our Community Fundraising programme.