Charity registered in Scotland SC046784
TRUSTEES SOUGHT TO TAKE THE MONTESSORI MESSAGE ACROSS SCOTLAND
Trustees of the newly formed Montessori Scotland Foundation – affiliated to Edinburgh Montessori Arts School - are looking for additional volunteer trustees to help take this exciting project further.
It is not change itself that poses challenge, but how we cope with change. Using Maria Montessori’s insights, which are practised across the globe, we believe we can help communities of all kinds - children, young people, neurodiverse people, older people and diverse communities - to learn, develop and grow stronger. The aim is to benefit communities in Scotland and our living environment.
It is not change itself that poses challenge but how we cope with change, and a need for tools and support has never been more evident. Life in the 21st century is fast-paced and we want to take Montessori into the wider community to support other children, young people, neurodiverse people, older people and diverse communities. Montessori observed how the interdependencies between all living things impact each other and our planet. Using Montessori tools and insights, we believe that we can help communities of all kinds to learn, develop and grow stronger. This will benefit all our lives as well as our living environment.
Expanding our Board of Trustees
The EMAS Foundation is a charitable trust which is affiliated with but independent of the Edinburgh Montessori Arts School. We are ready to welcome and work with more Trustees to bring Montessori to diverse communities.
• The Trustee role is about engaging with diverse groups in Edinburgh, Scotland and internationally and partnering with / helping to develop initiatives where the Montessori approach can add value.
• Benefits: You will be part of fascinating work with an enthusiastic and diverse team of others. There is scope to help to set the strategic direction of the Foundation and to provide support and guidance to the Board. You will join our team of Ambassadors who help ensure that everyone knows what we do and how we can help, if they need us.
• Experience: we are particularly interested in Trustees with knowledge or experience of community initiatives / stakeholder engagement /business / fundraising or grant seeking or finance / education / the natural world / caring fields. The Foundation encourages applications from a range of backgrounds, and you do not need to have previous Montessori experience. Passion and/or lived experience are also interesting for us.
• Time Commitment: It is anticipated that a minimum of 1 day per month, to suit your schedule and specific interests, might be appropriate.
• Board meetings: We envisage one short Board meeting per month which it will be important to attend. Board meetings will be a mix of zoom meetings and physical meetings in Edinburgh.
• Remuneration: A Trustee is a voluntary position and is not remunerated, however, agreed travel and associated expenses will be reimbursed.
• Service: Trustees serve for a 3-year term (renewable).