We are seeking a driven and talented designer with a sense of social justice to join our creative team. Bold is a small design studio with high standards. Based in Glasgow, we are the main social enterprise agency in Scotland offering a variety of services from large scale re-brands to smaller scale document design, high profile publications, UX design and web development. We cater predominantly to the needs of charities, social enterprises and ethical businesses and are driven by helping them to increase their social impact through better branding and good design.
The post offers fast-paced and varied design work for publications, digital, brand and campaign purposes. The successful candidate will possess a broad base of design skills along with a can-do attitude and the ability to confidently engage with clients and suppliers. Please take time to browse our portfolio and ensure you will fit in with the ethos and standards of the studio. bold-studio.co.uk
● able to show us a compelling portfolio of your work across a range of clients
● experienced and thrive in a fast paced agency environment
● proficient in Adobe InDesign and experienced in designing engaging report layouts
● proficient in Illustrator, PhotoShop, XD and other Creative Cloud products
● interested in website UX and able to design websites
● experienced in conceiving and crafting brand elements and systems
This is an exciting opportunity to fill a significant role with Community Enterprise. We are a leading provider of support and consultancy to third sector groups across Scotland and beyond and work with communities to build and sustain projects for the benefit of local people.
We pride ourselves on our very strong reputation, the impact we have made and what we have learnt across Scotland over 30 years, but this is not well documented, articulated or communicated. We are therefore seeking someone with knowledge and experience to help us pull together our stories, our impact and our learning and communicate that across the sector in Scotland and beyond.
We also have important support programmes that need to be communicated nationally to ensure good uptake.
The key roles are:
To lead on communicating key messages and to raise awareness about Community Enterprise and all our divisions, nationally, UK-wide and internationally. This will include the work of our development team, Bold, Creative Natives and any future project or programme. To manage our presence, communicating our core work and services to the sector clearly and with a high level of engagement.
3. To use our impact measurement story capture to articulate the difference we are making, short, medium and long term. This will involve taking the learning from our work, both historically and on an ongoing basis and cascade that to the broader sector and to our partners and stakeholders.
4. To support and resource the development and admin team to deliver communication in their day to day work (e.g. helping our development staff to increase survey response rates, attendance at events etc.)
The Conservation Volunteers – The Community Volunteering Charity
Every day TCV works across the UK to create healthier and happier communities for everyone - communities where our activities have a lasting impact on people’s health, prospects, and outdoor places.
About the role:
The Ladywell and Howden Green Health project will offer volunteers and members of the community opportunities to take part in ‘Green Health’ projects around Howden Walled Garden, Howden Park, and St John’s Hospital in Livingston.
TCV has worked in partnership to secure project funding from the National Lottery Community Fund and will deliver a range of activities that connect people to local greenspaces and help improve our community’s health and wellbeing. Working closely with our partners, the post holder will create an exceptional opportunity for community volunteers and NHS patients to work alongside each other supporting shared outcomes, for participants, local residents, and for the natural environment.
Projects will be delivered in local green spaces and within the grounds of St John’s Hospital. The post holder will be responsible for delivering high quality environmental volunteering activities for members of the community. The role will also include delivery of ‘Green Health’ focused volunteering sessions for patients and service users of St John’s Hospital.
The post holder will work closely with the local community and will be hosted with our partner organisation Ladywell Neighbourhood Network in Livingston. This is a three-year post.
The successful applicant will be able to lead and develop health focused volunteering sessions, be responsible for risk assessing activities and managing resources such as tools and materials.
A bit more about us:
We recognise that each community and the people living there have different needs. Whether improving wellbeing, conserving a well-loved outdoor space, or bringing people together to promote social cohesion and combat loneliness, TCV works together with communities to deliver practical solutions to the real-life challenges they face.
For over 60 years we have adapted our work with volunteers to reflect the changing needs of communities in the UK and, by giving people a sense of purpose and belonging, we have empowered them to take control of their lives and outdoor spaces for the benefit of all.
Whilst our activities vary, our inclusive approach has remained consistent; bringing people and places together to create happy, healthy, and connected communities for everyone.
Join in, Feel good.
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
• Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
• Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
• Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
• Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
• 4% Contributory pension scheme
• Employee recognition schemes
• Opportunities for career progression
• Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Sodexo Employee Benefits
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.