Eczema Outreach Support was set up 10 years ago to support families and children with eczema. Originally we only covered Scotland but a few years ago we successfully extended our reach to the whole UK. The charity has been delivering a growing range of emotional and practical support activities, alongside working with clinical networks, research teams, schools and the private sector.
A rare opportunity has arisen to build on our success and lead our dynamic charity. We are seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer, who will provide strategic direction for the charity and its staff; have responsibility for the delivery of a growing range of support and awareness activities; and directly contribute to improving statutory services and research in dermatology across the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate must have sound leadership experience in the voluntary sector, knowledge of relevant legislation and excellent financial management skills, including securing large grants for projects. You will be a confident and passionate communicator, with an ability to create positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
• Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
• Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
• Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
• Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
• 4% Contributory pension scheme
• Employee recognition schemes
• Opportunities for career progression
• Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Sodexo Employee Benefits
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.