If you’d like to have an informal chat about the position, please email Heather Donnelly in the first instance.
At ScotlandIS we believe that Scotland has the potential to be the country known for innovation, for an ethical approach to data, an integrated approach to public services. We are agile enough to be able to seize this opportunity but big enough to make a real impact and to show the world how it’s done.
As the voice of the industry, we’re in a unique position to lead and facilitate this and we’re looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join the team and help make this vision a reality.
We’re a small organisation with big ambition, it’ll be your job to show this off to the world, build on the platforms and success we have already achieved and take us to the next level. You’ll be our brand champion and will help to make sure the team are prepared for speaking engagements, events and have the collateral they need to help them succeed.
You’ll manage a small team who will help you deliver on the strategies and plans you create. You’ll be a doer as well as a thinker – in a small organisation everyone has to pull their weight and get their hands dirty, so we’ll need your skills operationally, as well as strategically.
So, if you’re a team player who knows how to lead a team, deliver on a strategy and keep all the plates spinning please download the full Job Description below.
Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
• Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
• Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
• Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
• Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
• 4% Contributory pension scheme
• Employee recognition schemes
• Opportunities for career progression
• Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Sodexo Employee Benefits
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.