Background: Fauldhouse and Breich Valley Community Development Trust (F&BV CDT) is a registered charity and a social enterprise which was set-up in 2006. It aims to address the needs, issues, concerns, and aspirations of our communities with a focus on the social, economic, physical, environmental health and well-being of these communities.
F&BVCDT seeks to achieve this by implementing the following aims and outcome targets:
· Developing programmes that seek to relieve poverty, address inequality and disadvantage and build community capacity: Primarily through sports, recreation, and leisure-based, healthy living activities
· Advancing education and volunteering opportunities to promote learning and skills development
· Promoting and protecting the well-being, recreation and physical health and well-being of our communities.
· Assisting in the prevention of ill-health and the provision of health education and healthier individual, family and community-based projects within our communities.
We are looking for Trustees to strengthen our management Board.
The position is unpaid
Experienced people sought as Trustees of Zambia Therapeutic Art (ZTA) (Fundraising, Finance, and other roles)
Who are we and what do we do?
Zambia Therapeutic Art (SC045462) - is a volunteer-led Scottish charity which aims to improve care for mental health service users by:
● designing, developing and delivering practice-based training in the therapeutic use of art to health and social care staff in Zambia ;
● working to ensure its ongoing sustainability; monitoring and evaluating the continuing practice; and
● conducting research on this topic.
With Zambia acting as our pilot, we aim to produce a sustainable model of training and service delivery which can be directed, owned, and managed locally, and that can be continued successfully with minimal external support. Please consult our website (zambiatherapeuticart.org) and on OSCR (oscr.org.uk) for more detailed information.
What skills, knowledge and abilities do we need?
ZTA is well managed and currently operates using very limited resources and a huge amount of goodwill and commitment from our trustees, volunteers and partners. Our board is made up of people with a variety of backgrounds and experiences who share a passion for our work. We enjoy what we do, and believe we make a difference. We face many challenges and always seek positive, practical and effective solutions.
We are looking to expand our Board and need trustees with specific skills but also the willingness and enthusiasm to develop new skills. Experience of knowledge of art therapy and mental health is helpful, as is experience or an interest in Sub-Saharan Africa, but not a pre-requisite.
We are looking for new Trustees who have a proven track record in:
Fundraising and Events
Monitoring and evaluation
PR, Communications and Marketing
Business and organisational Development
Board meetings take place quarterly, usually in Edinburgh or the Lothians but like everyone we are using online communication currently and are likely to continue with this as an option. Trustees should have the motivation and time to commit up to eight hours per month to help with the management and smooth running of the organisation. Travel and other reasonable expenses can be reimbursed.