As a Children and Young People’s Support Worker you will provide preventative, crisis intervention and on-going support to children and young people who are directly or indirectly exposed to the issues of domestic abuse.
The job involves ensuring that a high standard of crisis intervention and casework support is provided to children and young people escaping, experiencing or requiring support with domestic abuse issues. This includes Women’s Aid South Lanarkshire and East Renfrewshire’s out-of-hours, group work and on call service provision.
Please refer to the job description and person specification for full details.
This full time position, 3 months fixed term, is a great opportunity to join our team in pursuing Women’s Aid South Lanarkshire and East Renfrewshire’s feminist philosophy and mission; ‘all women, children and young people are free from fear’
What is on offer for the Children and Young People’s Support Worker?
· Training and development
· 30 days annual leave per annum
· 12 public holidays per annum
· Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
· Discounted high street shopping vouchers
· 10% pension contribution
· Essential car users allowance plus mileage
Do you want to work with an awards winning organisation?
Do you share Aspire values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives?
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the community who may have additional support needs?
A full UK driving licence with access to a car is essential, as travel throughout the service area is an expectation of the post.
Salary is dependent on service and shift pattern.
Your role may include:
· Assisting with personal care;
· Working with individuals to participate in community based social activities of their choice; and/or
· Assisting people with clinical and health care needs.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
· Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
· SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
· Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Employee benefits include:
· Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
· Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
· Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
· Employee Health Assured assistance programme.