We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with the right values to join our service in East Kilbride to assist and support vulnerable homeless people to achieve better lives.
The project is part of a 3 site service. The East Kilbride Site is Emergency First Stop Accommodation, 12 beds (2 x bedsits and 5 x 1 bedroom flats), individuals 16+ age group and families (however we do not directly support any children).
The successful candidate will be expected to provide a meaningful support service to identified individuals who live in the project and/or in the community. You will provide a quality service tailored to the assessed needs of each individual by identifying, planning and facilitating support to enable appropriate move-on options for each service user. You will use all of your knowledge and experience to help service users build their life skills and prepare for independent living.
The post will involve a 2 shifts per week including one weekend every two weeks over a 4 week rolling rota with typical shift patterns of 21:45 – 07:15.
You will have an SVQ3 qualification in social care. Other essentials include: experience of working with vulnerable people, addiction issues and challenging behaviour; effective written and verbal communication; knowledge of homelessness issues; and, above all, the determination to make a difference in the lives of our service users.
If successful, you will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council within 6 months of your start date. After registration, there is a requirement to be qualified and to maintain professional learning.
In return, we will offer you excellent learning and development opportunities, competitive annual leave entitlement, pension scheme, access to employee assistance programmes such as counselling, and life assurance.
Do you want to work with an awards winning organisation?
Do you share Aspire values in respect of the rights of vulnerable people to live ordinary lives?
Are you caring, compassionate, enthusiastic and committed to supporting people in the community who may have additional support needs?
A full UK driving licence with access to a car is essential, as travel throughout the service area is an expectation of the post.
Salary is dependent on service and shift pattern.
Your role may include:
· Assisting with personal care;
· Working with individuals to participate in community based social activities of their choice; and/or
· Assisting people with clinical and health care needs.
Additional desirable qualities, qualifications and experience of the post holder include:
· Hardworking, flexible, motivated and driven to do the right thing by the people we support;
· SVQ 2 or 3 in Health & Social Care or a commitment to undertake a SVQ; and
· Registration with the Scottish Social Service Council (SSSC) or a commitment to become registered.
Employee benefits include:
· Excellent Learning and Development opportunities and strong Support & Leadership;
· Employee Discount Schemes and Referral Recruitment Bonus;
· Contributory Pension Scheme and 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance benefit; and
· Employee Health Assured assistance programme.