The LEAP organisation is a well-established charity which provides free practical assistance to people over the age
of 50. This includes one to one and group befriending. We are looking to recruit a volunteer development officer
to help deliver this service.
The volunteer development officer will be responsible for recruiting, training, support and supervision of volunteers
for the delivery of LEAP’s Befriending project in South Lanarkshire.
The post holder will be required to ensure that an adequate supply of trained volunteers are available to meet the
needs of the befriending services and the older people that use the service.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of volunteering issues at an operational level including working with volunteer policies and procedures.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including good listening skills and the ability to influence and motivate volunteers and the public with, enthusiasm and a positive, outgoing attitude.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Outstanding communication, relationship building and networking skills.
- An understanding of equality and diversity issues, and a commitment to putting equality principles into practice.
- Effective administrative skills, and a good standard of IT skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access or other databases, and internet.
- Sound numeracy skills, including the ability to independently produce statistical reports using databases and spreadsheets.
- Good time management skills, and the ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritise effectively so that deadlines are met.
- A sensitive and professional approach towards colleagues, volunteers and service users, mindful of confidentiality and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Ability to travel independently across the area of service.
- Experience of working in/with the public and/or voluntary sector.
- Empathy with LEAP's aims, values and objectives.