We are recruiting for both Full Time/Part Time Care Staff and Nightshift workers.
We have both Live In and Live Out positions available.
(Attractive salary and benefits, training and career prospects)
Join our team and make a real difference delivering care to vulnerable adults with learning disabilities. You don’t
need previous experience, as full training and support will be provided.
Garvald West Linton is an established provider of residential and Day Care services for adults with learning
disabilities. The Care Practitioners provide care in five houses and there are eight workshop areas as well as
further education and individual therapies. Our work is based on the principles of Rudolf Steiner. We are
situated 20 miles south of Edinburgh in beautiful surroundings near West Linton.
Values and Attributes
You must be;
- able to treat our service users with dignity and respect
- able to uphold their rights as
- honest and trustworthy
- reliable and dependable
Skills and Abilities
You must be able to
- communicate well
- recognise and respond to the needs of others
- work as part of a team
flexible in approach
- maintain good sense of humour
Some of the tasks include:
- Carries out support tasks relating to personal care and daily living of residents in each house and encourages teaching by example, working alongside, or doing the task.
- Escorts residents to workshop and, where necessary, stays in workshop to assist with 1-2-1 needs.
- Carries out handover for controlled drugs, ensuring drugs are counted and keys handed over.
- Responds to challenging behaviour in an empathetic, person-centred manner with awareness of everyone’s emotional, physical and spiritual needs
- Assists with the care planning process and applies care plans in daily life including record keeping.
- Assists with domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry, to enable the smooth running of the household
- Attends regular supervision meetings (normally 4 – 6 weekly) with Line Manager, preparing and playing an active part in the process.