Streets Ahead (Borders) is a charitable organisation based in the Scottish Borders. We provide care and support to adults both at home and in the community. Most of the people we support have learning disabilities.
We are looking to recruit a full time Deputy Service Manager to join the Management team in our Hawick service.
The ideal person will be dynamic with a strong value base, a commitment to promoting positive outcomes for people we support and the skills to support colleagues in the workplace. You must have a level III qualification in Social care or equivalent plus a minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory role or a proven record of managing staff teams in a supported living environment.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will:
• be responsible for ensuring the assessment of support and care needs and the development, implementation and review of support plans to the people who receive a service.
• assist the Service Manager in developing, leading and managing the staff team and will be expected to assume responsibility for the service and its management in the absence of the Manager.
• be required to supervise staff and contribute to the induction of new staff.
• be required to manage resources efficiently and ensure compliance with the law, national care standards and service policies and procedures
• uphold our organisational values
• be a key player in supporting Streets Ahead to meet its strategic objectives