Paisley YMCA is a sector leading digital youth work organisation and we work with young people, families and adults across Paisley and Renfrewshire. We create opportunities for people to learn essential digital skills to support employability and education and above all have fun! We support people to explore their creativity through digital and STEM-based informal learning. We are a values-based organisation and we care about supporting positive outcomes for our community.
We are a small charity with big ambitions. We have a skilled, committed and talented team and we are seeking new board members to be a part of the next exciting stage in our journey.
Are you passionate about creating opportunities for young people and the wider community? We are currently seeking Board Members to help shape the future of our organisation. To support us in the next stage of our charity’s development and growth we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Leadership & Management
• Charity Governance
• Financial Management
• Property Management
• Community Education and or Community Development
You will care about making a difference in the lives of young people and the community in Renfrewshire in addition to:
• Providing strategic direction for Paisley YMCA
• Always acting in the best interests of Paisley YMCA
• A commitment to acting collectively as a board and not as an individual
• A commitment to the values of Paisley YMCA • Participating in board induction training and any other relevant training necessary for the role The Role of a Board Member includes (but is not limited to):
• Taking part in board meetings, committee meetings and working groups where appropriate
• Ensuring that Paisley YMCA is compliant with the provisions of the Charities and Trustees Investment (Scotland) Act 2002 and other relevant legislation
• Making sure that we have robust financial controls and risk management systems
• Making sure that we have appropriate and relevant policies and procedures in place
This is an unpaid position; however reasonable travel expenses and subsistence will be reimbursed.