The Finance Manager will provide full financial management support for the charity. This will include strategic finance support to the Board of Trustees, CEO and projects. Responsibility for line management and technical oversight of finance and IT and other systems and processes working closely with the Human Resources Manager, the Central Support Manager and other key operational staff.
CREATE Paisley (CREATE) is an innovative youth arts charity aiming to reduce loneliness and inequality and support young people to have hope for the future. We do this through providing safe, creative spaces and opportunities for young people in which they can thrive and build positive relationships and gain support from trusted adults.
CREATE runs drop ins, arts workshops, youth voice & participation activities etc., amongst other projects, in partnership with a wide variety of groups across Renfrewshire, and is supported and run by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
CREATE has ambitious plans to grow the organisation in line with our vision and local young people’s needs and interests. In order to reach these goals, CREATE is looking to develop and grow our income and improve our reach.
CREATE are looking for an individual with a proven background and experience of trust fundraising, success with multiple five figure funding bids and a knowledge of statutory and national lottery funding. The first year of this role is supported by Renfrewshire Council’s Cultural Organisations Development Fund (CODF).
The trust fundraiser will:
1. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of CREATE’s current and future activities
2. Develop a targeted trust pipeline to secure unrestricted and restricted income
3. Write high quality and compelling funding bids, proposal and cases for support
4. Develop new and existing relationships with funders
5. Produce updates and impact reports
CREATE Paisley (CREATE) is an innovative youth arts charity aiming to reduce loneliness and inequality. Our vision is to see young people transformed through creativity, community, confidence and finding their voice. We do this through providing safe, creative spaces and opportunities for young people in which they can thrive and build positive relationships and gain support from trusted adults.
CREATE runs drop ins, arts workshops, youth voice & participation activities, mentoring, etc., amongst other projects, in partnership with a wide variety of groups in the area, and is supported and run by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers. CREATE has the following values: creativity, community, confidence and voice. These inform our approach and work.
CREATE Paisley is looking to appoint a Youth Development Worker to lead on and develop the charity’s approach to and delivery of youth work activities in Paisley.
The Youth Development Worker will:
1. Facilitate current and new youth work provision
2. Support the organisation to respond to young people’s voices
3. Manage youth work projects and budgets
4. Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation within all youth work activities
5. Support the recruitment and training of new staff and volunteers
CREATE Paisley is an innovative youth project at the heart of Renfrewshire (Paisley) which seeks to see young people transformed through creativity, community, confidence and finding their voice. CREATE runs drop ins, arts workshops, youth voice & participation activities, mentoring, etc, amongst other projects, in partnership with a wide variety of groups in the area, and is supported and run by a dedicated team of staff and volunteers. CREATE has the following values: creativity, community, confidence and voice. These inform our approach and work.
Our work wouldn't be possible without the support of volunteers. Over the years, volunteers have played a pivotal role in many aspects of CREATE from fundraising to youth work, graphic design to finances. As well as the benefits that volunteers bring to CREATE, we support volunteers to build skills and gain experience and hope that volunteering is both a rewarding and fulfilling experience. CREATE Paisley is looking to appoint a Volunteer Coordinator to lead on and develop the charity’s approach to volunteering for young people and adults, supporting enhanced services to better meet the needs of the communities we serve.
The Volunteer Cordinator will:
1. Lead the organisation’s approach to volunteering
2. Manage volunteer journeys from initial enquiry to induction
3. Develop and implement support, training and progression opportunities for volunteers
4. Implement monitoring and evaluation within all volunteer activities
This is a very exciting time to join our Students’ Union as we continue to improve and expand the range of digital opportunities to communicate and engage with our members across all five of the University campuses in Paisley, Ayr, Lanarkshire, Dumfries and London. This post will be essential in bringing to life all aspects of the work we do to support students and ensure they have an excellent student experience.
This is a fun, diverse role where no two days are the same. If you are passionate about advancing and supporting the development of creative, engaging and dynamic methods of digital communication then this is the job for you!
A key value of our students' union is promoting Equality and Diversity - Advancing equality and breaking down barriers in all that we do. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of their race, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or any other diversity. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments people may require in the recruitment process or once in the post.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the board of our progressive Charity with a proven track record of success. We play a pivotal role across Renfrewshire hiring free and low cost mobility scooters and wheelchairs to our members. We also operate a small repairs and maintenance service and currently developing social enterprise initiatives. We welcome new innovative approaches to help us develop.
Main Purpose of Role
Provide a robust Secretarial Support to Shopmobility Paisley and District, working as part of a cohesive team.
1. Commitment to the work of Shopmobility Paisley and District.
2. Willingness to serve on a sub committee for specific projects should this be required.
3. Attendance at Board Meetings.
4. A time commitment of five hours per month (includes board preparation, contribution / updating at meetings, committee and meeting time).
5. Attendance at Annual General Meeting (AGM).
6. Prepare for and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the board.
7. Foster a positive working relationship with other board members, staff and volunteers.
8. Adhere to the code of conduct, policies and procedures.
1. Keep the minutes of each board meeting, monitoring and verifying their accuracy and actions, and circulate to all board members and staff.
2. Lodge annual financial accounts in conjunction with our Chartered Accountant, ensuring timescales are met.
3. Notify relevant authorities of change of officers.
4. Provide notice for the convening of all general meetings, AGM and extraordinary meetings.
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Ability to work as part of a team, and, on own initiative.
3. Empathy for those with mobility and disability issues.
4. A flexible and problem solving approach and commitment to the role.